Print

Author Topic: What's the worst videogame you've ever played?  (Read 103747 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #285 on: October 06, 2008, 07:21:27 AM »
Everyone complains about a lack of Kremlings and Rambi and whatnot, but DK:JB was/is the first DK game made by Nintendo since... the original? I guess they wanted to move away from the Rare stuff (and I can't say I've really liked Kremlings, anyway).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #286 on: October 06, 2008, 12:53:04 PM »
The Rare stuff was all they had. Before Rare, there was no DK "franchise". It was more or less lumped in with Mario. Hell, Miyamoto deliberately let Rare use DK because the character had no backstory. Therefore, all the things me and Sqrt are complaining about = the DK franchise itself.

Try to imagine a Mario game in the same vein as JB, just try it. (SML1 and 2 at least had Goombas, Koopa Troopas, Pipes and other variants thereof).

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #287 on: October 06, 2008, 01:13:59 PM »
Super Mario Bros. 2?
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #288 on: October 06, 2008, 04:12:01 PM »
SMB2 doesn't count either because it wasn't intended to be a Mario game from the beginning, unlike JB (unless I'm wrong).

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #289 on: October 06, 2008, 04:44:52 PM »
I think SMS is somewhat closer.

« Reply #290 on: October 06, 2008, 07:57:36 PM »
Hey! Super Mario Sunshine is one of the best Mario platformers.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #291 on: October 06, 2008, 08:03:22 PM »
HAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #292 on: October 06, 2008, 08:11:00 PM »
If Jungle Beat made your arms hurt, you need to seriously consider doing push-ups once in a while. Besides, the game was designed for short bursts of play anyhow. I think of it as more of an arcade fare--Loose story, and point-based achievements. And I like the JB Kongs. Don't tell me you wouldn't like to see Karate Kong and Cranky go toe-to-toe.

------------------

Worst game I played.... I think my all-time "favorite" must be Evergrace for the PS2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOwOWWXokkw

That or Sonic and the Secret Rings.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #293 on: October 06, 2008, 08:15:32 PM »
Worst game I've ever played? Well, the other day, my brother picked up the GBA "game" Yu-Gi-Oh Double Pack 2, with "Destiny Board Traveler" and "Dungeon Dice Monsters"...

...it's bad. You'd have to play it yourself, but I don't recommend it.
No! I don't want that!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #294 on: October 06, 2008, 09:14:07 PM »
Mario Sunshine is definitely one of the top ten 3D Mario platformers of this decade.

Also: Screw the rules, I have green hair!
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #295 on: October 06, 2008, 11:19:32 PM »
dungeon dice monsters was cool. At least it entertained me. I mean, I beat all the enemies with the same tactic (Blocking the enemy's monsters' access to me, and using a flying or underground monster to move unto my opponent without caring about his monsters. After three turns it was game.) Actually I didn't completely beat it. I traded it for chuchu rocket, and I still have like 2000 puzzles to solve so...
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #296 on: October 07, 2008, 06:57:01 AM »
Hey! Super Mario Sunshine is one of the best Mario platformers.
I didn't say it was bad, I was implying that it had a ton of "non-Mario" enemies.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #297 on: October 07, 2008, 07:20:33 AM »
Worst game I've ever played? Well, the other day, my brother picked up the GBA "game" Yu-Gi-Oh Double Pack 2, with "Destiny Board Traveler" and "Dungeon Dice Monsters"...

...it's bad. You'd have to play it yourself, but I don't recommend it.

I hate Yu-Gi-Oh! too, it's definitely on my list, I have a PS1 and GBA Yu-Gi-Oh! game, and I played the PS1 game, and I took my opponent to 0 life, and I somehow lost.
Ditto used Machop!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #298 on: October 07, 2008, 01:44:13 PM »
Mario Sunshine is definitely one of the top ten 3D Mario platformers of this decade.

...but there's only three 3D Mario platformers in existence.

« Reply #299 on: October 07, 2008, 04:25:34 PM »
New Super Mario Bros. was a 3d platformer.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Print