Print

Author Topic: What's the worst videogame you've ever played?  (Read 103717 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #330 on: December 24, 2008, 04:10:26 PM »
Sonic Riders... yeah, it looked kind of neat, but the only time I played it was real quick on a demo at Game Crazy--more like fiddling around, really. Granted, I didn't have much time to get used to the controls, but what I played was... okay (how it got a sequel with the reviews--and no doubt sales--it garnered, I'll never know). As for Sonic Heroes, that was the first Sonic game on the GCN that I full-out balked at getting, perhaps ironic because, as a young, impressionable gamer, I bought Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, games which, although not outright bad, I would probably not seriously consider were they not re-released until today.

(I also bought Sonic Mega Collection and Sonic Gems. Though the latter is somewhat mistitled, it's not that terrible, if only because of Sonic R's so-bad-it's-good vibe that has lent my friends and I many a mirthful get-together)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #331 on: December 24, 2008, 07:22:30 PM »
And beating the tasks and unlocking everything becomes a huge choir thanks to the cheap A.I. 

Mormon Tabernacle? Or some other huge choir?
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #332 on: December 28, 2008, 04:41:03 AM »
The worst video game I've ever played was Pokemon Dash.
Man, I traded that thing in so fast...*sigh* anyway, it was a really, really bad game.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #333 on: December 28, 2008, 10:53:39 AM »
There's a new bad Pokemon game coming out for DS but I'm not sure what it is called. If you think all those games you have all played are bad then you will probably never want to play any game after playing the ultimately flawed game of Action 52 for the NES. I couldn't even beat one game without dying for no apparent reason or the game freezing on me and sometimes resetting. And no, that happens on real hardware. The music is even plagiarized from some old mod tracking program. This is one game not worth a dime or time.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #334 on: December 28, 2008, 01:06:05 PM »
There's a new bad Pokemon game coming out for DS
Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia (and yes, it probably will suck, but it's no fair to pass judgement before it comes out).

« Reply #335 on: December 29, 2008, 10:59:03 PM »
Hmm, Sonic Advance 2. The game was too easy, and too boring
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #336 on: December 30, 2008, 07:59:51 AM »
Those were some extraordinarily generic games, but I bought and enjoyed all three.

On that note, I've heard the StH remake on the GBA was pretty bad.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #337 on: December 30, 2008, 10:39:33 AM »
Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis wasn't a remake, it was a port of a version of the game that didn't originally go to retail.

It still sucked, though.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #338 on: December 30, 2008, 11:54:22 AM »
What exactly does "version" imply?

« Reply #339 on: December 30, 2008, 07:37:19 PM »
Another terrible game (and I think this one takes the cake) is Mario's Time Machine. Good god, that game was so boring!
I was only 6 or 7 when I rented that game and didn't know that it was educational!! I thought it was a sequel to Super Mario World...man, was I wrong. -_-"
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #340 on: December 31, 2008, 02:11:19 AM »
I have a winner, after researching the list I mentioned earlier... Pachi Com for the NES.

You hold a button and balls fall into a virtual Pachinko machine. THAT IS THE WHOLE GAME
~I.S.~

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #341 on: December 31, 2008, 10:53:41 AM »
I think Steve posted in the wrong thread by mistake. This isn't the Best Games Ever Thread.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #342 on: January 03, 2009, 09:00:07 AM »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #343 on: January 03, 2009, 11:56:00 AM »
What exactly does "version" imply?

They lost the source code for the final release of the game, so they instead released an unfinished beta version.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #344 on: January 03, 2009, 12:50:33 PM »
They must have left it next to the Wavebird mold.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print