Print

Author Topic: What's the worst videogame you've ever played?  (Read 103862 times)

« Reply #345 on: February 15, 2009, 08:30:45 PM »
I don't care how famous the Zelda games are, I just can't enjoy them, I've only played two but the first one was unenjoyable.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #346 on: February 15, 2009, 08:42:50 PM »
Well maybe if you'd expand your experience a bit, you'd come to realize that the series as a whole is better than you think. The first two Zelda games are definitely not as fun as the rest.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #347 on: February 15, 2009, 08:43:33 PM »
Well maybe if you'd expand your experience a bit, you'd come to realize that the series as a whole is better than you think. The first two Zelda games are definitely not as fun as the rest.

I hated Ocarina of Time.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #348 on: February 15, 2009, 08:46:43 PM »
Well, you're just not human.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #349 on: February 15, 2009, 08:49:13 PM »
I was only 6 or 7 when I rented that game and didn't know that it was educational!!

I KNOW, RIGHT? WHAT HAS EDUCATION DONE FOR THE WORLD?

« Reply #350 on: February 15, 2009, 08:51:15 PM »
Well, you're just not human.

I disliked a game what's wrong with that?

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #351 on: February 15, 2009, 08:53:44 PM »
It was a joke, man. No big deal. So you didn't like Ocarina of Time. I can live with that. I'd be careful about saying I don't like what is just about the most popular game in the history of Nintendo though.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #352 on: February 15, 2009, 09:24:45 PM »
It was a joke, man. No big deal. So you didn't like Ocarina of Time. I can live with that. I'd be careful about saying I don't like what is just about the most popular game in the history of Nintendo though.

I don't hate Super Mario Bros. at all, but if someone did that's their opinion and it's perfectly fine.

« Reply #353 on: February 15, 2009, 09:46:53 PM »
He's trying to tell you that Ocarina of time is the most popular game. You'd have some pretty upset fanboys if you said that on another forum.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #354 on: February 15, 2009, 11:22:31 PM »
I enjoyed LoZ. And OoT.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #355 on: February 16, 2009, 07:12:23 AM »
Maybe you should try Phantom Hourglass, Luig bro.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #356 on: February 17, 2009, 10:11:15 AM »
XMen 3 on the DS is a truly awful game and I haven't disliked a game as much in a long, long time.
Morton Koopa Jr

« Reply #357 on: February 17, 2009, 08:45:56 PM »
Movie-licenced games sucking? What?! Unheard of!

Anyways, I'd say that Ocarina of Time is a pretty good game, but grossly overrated nonetheless. Comparing it to Twilight Princess is inevitable, and I find OoT to pale in comparison on almost every count -- chunkier-feeling controls, chore-like Ocarina warping... yeah. Perhaps I had just been expecting perfection from a game considered the greatest ever in the all-knowing eyes of Nintendo Power's editors.

I expect a horde of enraged Zelda fanboys to emerge from this forum and claw my eyes out within the next minute for the above statement.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #358 on: February 17, 2009, 08:50:13 PM »
When I first played OoT, I loved it more than any other game I had ever played. Then I played WW. Then I tried to go back to OoT, and I couldn't. There's a great game in there, but it's bogged down by choppy framerates, poor sound quality, technically outdated graphics, and simply by having been around for eleven years (the Seinfeld Is Unfunny effect), and without nostalgia goggles, it can be hard to enjoy today.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #359 on: February 17, 2009, 09:08:52 PM »
Exactly. Also, putting games on a pedestal as such really leave it open for criticism from later gaming generations. Take Super Mario Bros., for instance: "Why doesn't Fire Mario revert to Super Mario like he does in NSMB?"

Of course, this could lead to a tangent on the antiestablishment zeitgeist and how automatic disagreement with what "the Man" considers "good" could be regarded as a statement of belonging with fellow blatant critics of orthodox society more than as a voice of one's actual opinion, so let's get back to the discussion at hand.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 09:11:06 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print