Print

Author Topic: What's the worst videogame you've ever played?  (Read 104507 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #360 on: February 18, 2009, 01:28:28 AM »
without nostalgia goggles, it can be hard to enjoy today.
I challenge that. OoT has some of the best dungeons (Well of Three Features! Spirit Temple!), the storyline that essentially creates two versions of Hyrule to explore, and the N64's controller is perfect for Zelda (I did like WW's camera control, but hate using Z. I did like Wii TP's point-and-shoot control, but hate swinging the remote).

I agree that compared to today's games, OoT is oooooold. It needs an enhanced remake, dangit.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #361 on: February 18, 2009, 01:52:58 AM »
OoT totally wins in the music department. I can actually remember most of the music to it, compared to the few tunes in WW that were written by Kondo and the better-than-WW TP soundtrack. It does have good dungeons as well. I think I like TP slightly more, but that's just due to control and comprehensibility.
That was a joke.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #362 on: February 18, 2009, 10:22:25 AM »
[...]the storyline that essentially creates two versions of Hyrule to explore,[...]

I agree that compared to today's games, OoT is oooooold. It needs an enhanced remake, dangit.

A Link to Past beat that to the punch... Like most of the game.

And no, no more remakes, especially for games that are still available to the general public. Maybe Metroid II but that's it.

« Reply #363 on: February 18, 2009, 02:15:12 PM »
What about Super Metroid? Does that not deserve a good remake?
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #364 on: February 18, 2009, 02:15:33 PM »
I must be one of those lucky ones that gets a kick out of outdated graphics and sound. I find something inherently charming about it.

« Reply #365 on: February 18, 2009, 02:18:07 PM »
You must love the Wii. Really bad graphics Wii joke
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 02:19:50 PM by nensondubois »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #366 on: February 18, 2009, 02:19:02 PM »
You're not clever.

« Reply #367 on: February 18, 2009, 02:22:27 PM »
The Wii graphics are like modern day Game & Watch's! I hate the Wii graphics soo much, what a disappointment. The Gamecube wins in that department oh no wait,The Wii is a  Gamecube with double the memory.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 02:30:24 PM by nensondubois »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #368 on: February 18, 2009, 03:13:20 PM »
A Link to the Past is not nearly as fun as Ocarina of Time.
Enhanced remakes are totally cool as long as they're done well.
I don't see why Super Metroid would really need one though, because it's still pretty good-looking. The music is good too. Too bad the game is boring as heck.
I like old games and stuff too.
That was a joke.

« Reply #369 on: February 18, 2009, 03:32:56 PM »
I don't really see a need for enhanced versions of post-NES games. Graphics of the Super Nintendo era and beyond are still considered appreciable in most gaming circles, am I right? If anyone disagrees that Super Mario World still has a timeless, whimsical charm due, in part, to its unique graphics, I'll claw their eyes out.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #370 on: February 18, 2009, 04:50:53 PM »
The Wii graphics are like modern day Game & Watch's! I hate the Wii graphics soo much, what a disappointment. The Gamecube wins in that department oh no wait,The Wii is a  Gamecube with double the memory.

*rolls eyes*

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #371 on: February 18, 2009, 04:51:17 PM »
If you didn't play Metroid II when it was first released, it's very hard to pick it up now. Not that it's a bad game, just the graphics and sound have aged really badly. The same can't be said for Super, which is fine as-is.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #372 on: February 18, 2009, 08:37:41 PM »
Ugh, the sound in Metroid 2 makes me RAGE. Which is a shame, because the music (whenever there is any) is genius.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #373 on: February 18, 2009, 08:52:07 PM »
At the risk of being ridiculed, I want to say that the Metroid series seriously freaked me out when I was younger. It got to the point that I had to sell Metroid 2 and Super Metroid because I kept having nightmares about playing both of those games.

That must be part of the reason I've taken so long to finish Metroid Prime: just recently did I get to the final boss after letting my save just sit there for almost 8 months. The Space Pirates in the Mines really freaked me out.

I wonder if/when Nintendo will make another side-scrolling Metroid. On the VC, maybe (Super Metroid 2?)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #374 on: February 18, 2009, 09:16:30 PM »
Nothing in the world of Metroid freaked me out quite as much as discovering that Samus (or "Metroid" as we knew her back in 2001) was a woman. Who'd have thunk it?

Has the original Metroid even arrived on the Virtual Console yet? My apologies for being so tragically out of the loop.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print