Print

Author Topic: Brawl Stages  (Read 5220 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 07:02:33 PM »
I'll describe my Brawl stages:

Slides o' plenty: A stage with a lot of slopes, all leading to a bed of spikes. This makes getting items hard, which could be viewed as a positive or negative aspect depending on who you ask. Size: Large. Background: Temple. Music: Fire Emblem theme, because it rocks.

The Treehouse: A childhood dream. It features three platforms in a house-like structure (it's open on both sides, though) with a tree on the bottom and ladders on both sides. Size: Large. Background: Valley. Music: Village of the Blue Maiden, because it has a childish charm to it.

Green Hill Zone 2: My personal favorite. A new version of green hill zone, composed of the most prominent parts of the level. To the left, there is a large circular structure (the loop). To the right, there are two long, uneven platforms, reminiscent of GHZ's "hills" as it were (their unevenness is a homage to the bumpy floor of Green Hill Zone) with a bed of spikes and springboard at their base. The stage also features a totem pole, a falling floor three blocks wide and horizontally moving platforms. Size: Large. Background: Valley. Music: Green Hill Zone, obviously.

The Temple: My attempt to create a small stage. It features various ruins to the left, a platform in the middle, and column to the right, with flights of stairs leading to the column. Size: Small. Background: Temple. Music: Snowman, as it bears a "heavenly" feeling to it.

Aerial Joust: A very basic stage. There are three conveyor belts on each side of the screen, which get bigger towards the bottom and a pit in the middle. The conveyor belts on the left side move the player right, and the vice versa. I designed the stage so that players would jump from one side to the other, beating the players senseless with aerial attacks while doing so. Size: Small. Background: Laboratory. Music: Target Smash, as it suits the insane feeling of the stage.

Aerial Melee: A far more complex stage. Characters begin on falling block in sectioned little "rooms". Beyond that, the stage has no floor, so characters jump on springs and climb on ladders to sustain themselves. Obviously, you should know the ropes of aerial combat before playing. Size: Large. Background: Laboratory. Music: BattleField ver. 2, because it looked all lonely in my list of music tracks.

That's about it. I also still have all three of the sample stages that came with the game.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Print