Print

Author Topic: Gallery of BP  (Read 232876 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #780 on: July 24, 2013, 01:18:02 PM »
I was listening to this.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyWDqX8sP1M" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyWDqX8sP1M</a>
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #781 on: July 24, 2013, 03:42:28 PM »
haha that's a good one. I actually downloaded it straight to my computer so I could listen to it whenever I felt like it a while back.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #782 on: January 09, 2014, 12:26:16 AM »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #783 on: January 09, 2014, 01:04:30 AM »
Does it work well with Project M?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #784 on: January 09, 2014, 01:39:03 AM »
Yeah. I did all of the testing in 2.5, up until loading it in vBrawl in Dolphin for the screenshots. So I'm... not sure if Red (Pokémon Trainer) will or won't run through trees and stuff. His feet should be more or less on the ground, probably, but I didn't test for that.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #785 on: January 18, 2014, 02:36:08 PM »
Somebody put your (I saw the bottom of the castle) old version of the bowser's castle stage in this PM mod.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #786 on: January 18, 2014, 07:01:35 PM »
My other Mario stage and Magnet Train are in there too. Neat.
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #787 on: January 28, 2014, 05:10:32 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5zopGV1w1Q" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5zopGV1w1Q</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytqsFN6HmRE" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytqsFN6HmRE</a>
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #788 on: February 12, 2014, 09:43:03 PM »
Where do I put the images for the SSS on your stages? I tried editing one of the common.pac files (3), but so far all I could get working was the music screen. I'm using Bowser's Castle over Flat Zone 2.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #789 on: February 13, 2014, 09:45:56 AM »
Stage and character select screen files are in common5.
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #790 on: August 07, 2014, 06:14:45 AM »
I'm making a game. A platformer. The shortest I can put the basic idea is "Super Paper Mario except not [dukar]ty"

That's Drominus Hellcleave in blue and Freddie in orange. They've each got a button for their moves. This is the punch-kick-axe-club combo you get by tapping Drom's button. You can hold the button instead of tapping to go right into the club.

Not a mock-up. I mean this is something I've been doing for the last month or so in Unity, making a little progress every day. I've gotten a lot of other things done that more or less work exactly as I'll want them in the final product but what I'm focusing on right now is the kind of stuff that will be relevant no matter where you are, so then I can build around that for stuff that's relevant most of the time. Maybe in about another month, that will all be finished and I'll be ready to make work with specific enemy AI, specific NPCs, specific levels and [dukar]. Then... then I'll be some fraction of the way done. A fifth? Even when all the coding is done (simple game mechanics that can be applied in a lot of different ways is the key to success if you ask me) that's gonna be a lot of crap to draw.

But I like drawing crap, hence the following

« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 06:17:19 AM by BP »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #791 on: August 07, 2014, 11:38:46 AM »
I can't wait to see how your game turns out! I bet it will do well.

I like when you draw crap too, since the majority of the time, it looks awesome!

Such as the attached Lemmy Koopa on Boom-Boom's head (is that Lemmy? I still get my Koopalings mixed up after so many years..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #792 on: August 07, 2014, 12:42:18 PM »
You're doing this solo?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #793 on: August 07, 2014, 03:39:52 PM »
Yup. No crowdfunding and no team. Except voices. Out of everything I need to do and currently can't, a variety of little Zelda-like voice bits is the one thing I don't think I could even learn to do because my vocal cords just physically aren't the ones I'd need. But Jim's are. So, just me and him. Which is just as well because games published on Steam Greenlight can only be set up to pay to one bank account, so if I only need help from one person who trusts me to give him his cut, I don't have to open a bank account for a business.

Now is the right time for doing this. Steam and Nintendo are holding out their hands for self-publishing. The tools exist for anyone willing to learn to use them. And... well, I'm not gonna say that big game companies are about to collapse under the sheer expensive weight of their own unfulfilled ambition, unfinished and unasked-for game mechanics, and needless spectacle, but if they do, cheap simple games with focus made by single people or small groups of people who do know what they're doing will be there to pick up the pieces...
@Toad Yeah it's Lemmy.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 03:48:17 PM by BP »
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #794 on: August 26, 2014, 02:52:40 AM »
This isn't the above-mentioned project (although I think I may as well throw it in as a mini-game), but here's Buttkicker.

Yeah, you can't play it without the Unity web player plugins or whatever. I won't blame you for being too lazy to do that

It's a Game & Watch-style (because if I'm gonna do retro **** I'm not doing it halfway) game in which you must protect small animals from having to look at butts or faces by kicking and punching, respectively. It features a handsome man, a woman with glasses, a dead pirate and a strong female protagonist.

It's YOUR problem!

Print