Print

Author Topic: The Legendary Starfy: Comin' Stateside  (Read 3243 times)

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« on: March 02, 2009, 09:31:28 PM »
On June 8th, the fifth Stafy game (DS) will be coming to the U.S. under the title "The Legendary Starfy". I'm pretty much the only excited one, but eh.

Also, Punch Out!! on the Wii comes out on May 18th.

Source
No! I don't want that!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 12:54:05 AM »
Finally! :D
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 08:03:34 AM »
Yeah, I was wondering when somebody was going to bring this up. It definitely came out of nowhere, but it's great to finally see NoA acknowledge the existence of a four games+ series replete with Nintendo cameos and doubly referenced in SSBB. So will I get it? We'll see (if they released the last four as a compilation game alongside this one, I'd be sold).

Also, I guess the correct translation is Starfy (makes more sense, anyway), but I've seen it translated as Stafy.

As for Punch-Out, despite his insanity, I think I'm with "Bob" on this one.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 03:19:13 PM »
It appears in Brawl as "Stafy", which baffles the hell outta me.

That said, it kinda sucks that there's four games worth of story and material that are just gonna end up disregarded in this game's localization, but eh...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 09:22:22 PM »
スタフィ is easy to transliterate as Stafy, because the R is only implied in pronunciation. The "ahh" sound in "Stahhfy" assumes an R.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 12:57:03 AM »
Mmm. I kind of prefer Starfy. It makes more sense, it's a cuter name, and it doesn't make me think the character is going to be some sort of stick.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 08:19:17 AM »
Well, they gave all these weird, unlocalized names to the Animal Crossing trophies in Melee, so it's not that big of a deal.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 01:50:55 PM »
I've seen magazines and guidebooks that list those Trophies with their US names, but since K.K.'s name wasn't finalized, they labeled him as "Arlo". 0_o

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 05:54:02 PM »
Hmmm. So, you're tellling me that Totekeke isn't his Japanese name?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 05:56:38 PM »
It is. I mean that their US names weren't finalized.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 07:25:01 PM »
I'd be curious how "Arlo" sounds like anything remotely referring to a dog or guitar in any language.

Also, I always got a kick out of those Pokemon guides that came out before GS that had the Japanese names for all of them (actually, it really irritated me for some reason).

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 07:25:52 PM »
It refers to Arlo Guthrie. He plays guitar.
That was a joke.

Print