Print

Author Topic: Funniest Brawl Moments  (Read 7955 times)

« on: March 21, 2009, 10:49:22 AM »
For me, it was when my friend and I had just unlocked Jigglypuff, and were both playing as her on the Shadow Moses Island stage. I had just missed him with Rest, so he charged the Roll move fully. Exactly when he hit me, the back wall of the stage was blown out, an it appeared that the Roll move hitting me caused it. It's kind of hard to explain, and would be nearly impossible to duplicate.

On a side note, the two of us have a heated Ness/Dedede rivalry going, and we often have some funny moments.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 05:03:48 PM »
I was playing on New Pork City in an all Wario 300% damage match. One Wario had fallen off the stage and attempted to get back using corkscrew. He failed and got caught under the lowest platform. Meanwhile, I was throwing some punches at another Wario who has a fully charged fart. He used it and managed to kill me AND the Wario underneath the platform. I couldn't stop laughing.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 07:21:42 PM »
Most of mine are in the Brawl Shots topic, but here's one off the top of my head..

My wife, my sister, her fiancee, and several of our friends are sitting around, playing the game. My wife, my sister, a friend and me were the ones playing at the moment, on Luigi's Mansion. My sister's fiancee had his laptop out and was watching some episode of South Park. Over the course of the match, a Deku Nut apparently appeared on the bottom level of the stage and stunned me and my sister. I said out loud "What the heck was that? *sees that I am stunned* It must have been a Deku Nut."

Then, some character on South Park said "Son of a *****!

We all had to stop playing for a few minutes.

Edit: Do these stories have to spring from just Brawl? I have a few good ones from the first two games too.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 07:49:25 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 07:58:06 PM »
Oh, by all means, fire away! SSBM and I had some great times, as well...
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 08:01:12 PM »
I thought for sure when I saw "South Park" in there that the story was that one of you had been KO'd, and then the one kid had shouted "OH MY GOD YOU KILLED KENNY!"

But what you said was probably funnier.

Only one thing comes readily to mind for me.
We (me and my sister) were playing a mini Brawl.  Lucario, one of the CPUs, got a smash ball somehow, and used it.  Mini-Lucario's "WATCH THE POWER OF AURA!" in a chipmunk voice was priceless.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 02:37:11 AM »
I was playing a With Anyone brawl and I decided to play as Ike. The brawl started with only the players and guess what? They were playing as Ike too. During the sudden death match on Final Destination, one of the other Ike players (not me) hit the third Ike player off the stage. So I just watched him fly. My Ike opponent used Up+B and I did a sidestep dodge twice as he went up and then came down. Then I used Ike's mighty Aether (forward smash A) and sent him flying out of the arena! He was flying so fast!  I saved the replay. I'll post it soon.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 12:05:39 PM »
Once I was fighting Captain Jim as Ness, and he was using the Ice Climbers. I'd knocked him off and he began to recover, while I tried to intercept with a PK Flash. I missed, but when and where it released, some chicken appeared. Unfortunately I did a dash attack before I realized "what the" and I grabbed it.

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 02:25:05 PM »
^ Wow. So much win.

I also remembered how once in SSBM, I was playing a match as Mario against three level-1, handicap-1, 2.0 damage ratio Luigis in order to rack up quick KOs. I was playing on Mushroom Kingdom II, and one Luigi was helplessly trying to side-special out of one of the pits. I threw a Bob-omb at him, expecting a quick, downward KO. Instead, he flew out of the pit, bouncing off the walls in rapid succession, and I accidentally meteor-smashed him back into the pit. I've since been able to duplicate the Bob-omb toss, but not yet the meteor smash.

Sqrt2

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 05:54:04 AM »
Sometimes the CPU Wario's use their fart attack to get the Smash Ball. Unfortunately for them, this usually results in them comitting suicide as a result.
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 09:01:06 AM »
I have a created stage that is dangerously close to the blast line. My brother and I decided to play a 99 stock 300% damage match just for fun (on the created stage). I was playing as Wolf, my brother was playing as Snake, and two CPUs were playing as Sonic and Wario. Wario had one life left and a fully charged fart. I nabbed a smash ball and summoned my Landmaster. My brother and Sonic were smart enough to run away, but Wario thought it'd be a good idea to get on top. As soon as he did, I began hovering towards the blast line in order to KO him. Right when he was about to die, HE ACTIVATED HIS FULLY CHARGED FART and self-destructed.

I couldn't stop laughing for a whole minute.

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 12:11:44 PM »
The funniest moment was when we were playing in class one day and we kept slipping on banana peels, and we'd laugh for twenty minutes.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 05:36:13 PM »
One time, a friend and I were playing SSB64. Every Pokeball he got that match was either a useless/easy to avoid Pokemon, or Clefairy copying useless/easy to avoid Pokemon. Late in the match, he hit me off the stage and a Pokeball spawned right beside him. It produced another Clefairy.

Thinking that it was going to be another useless Clefairy, I very sarcastically said "Oh nooo!" As my character returned to the stage, Clefairy (copying Hitmonlee) launched itself and hit my character, causing a KO. We couldn't stop laughing.

Another time, we and a third friend were playing Melee. The two of them were DK, I was Kirby, and we had the computer on (not as DK or Kirby, thankfully). At one point in the match, I had copied a DK, and then was ganged upon by all three of them. There had been a lot of Bob-ombs spawned during that match. They didn't realise that a Bomb had spawned right under our feet as they were pummeling me. I made to get away, and hit a Party Ball. It happened to be a Bob-omb party.

Noticing that, I say "Monkey's! They're everywhere!" One of my friends said "Monkey's are everywhere?" Then started laughing. The comp player was already out, and there was the three of us: two DK's, and a Kirby Kong. Monkeys were everywhere.

Another time, the one friend (from the first story) and I were playing Brawl. He was picking up food from a Party Ball when a Bob-omb spawned beside him. He'd been hitting the button to get the food, and also picked up and threw the Bomb, causing himself to KO. He'd also said something like "Food! Not food!" as it happened.

Good times. :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 06:04:09 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 06:00:34 PM »
I was playing with Rao on Wi-Fi yesterday, Jigglypuff (me) vs. Sonic (him) on Pictochat.  The stage had just switched to the drawing which consists of a simple diagonal line through the middle of the stage. 

Our positions were sort of like this*

Rao threw a Bob-omb at me, but he was also in the blast radius.  We were both sent flying by the explosion, and being well over 100% damage, I thought for sure I was done for.  But because of the aforementioned doodle, and the angles at which we were flying, I hit the wall delaying my demise for a few precious seconds, while Rao went directly off-screen.**

I won by sheer luck.

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 07:46:49 PM »
Your amazing artistic genius has astounded me.

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 06:54:47 PM »
One time, my friend (henceforth, Jimmy) and I were playing Melee. It was another match sort of like the one before, with him getting Pokeballs and useless/easy to avoid pkmn, or Clefairy copying them.

We were playing on Hyrule Temple, the two of us (and two computers) were battling eachother right there in the middle. He caught a Pokeball, which produced Clefairy. It didn't seem like Clefairy was going to do anything, so Jimmy and I just stood there, continuing to fight the computers (we were beating on one each).

I told the CP that I was fighting to "Do something!". There was a ching!, and Clefairy blew up (copying Electrode, I think). All four of us were KO'd, and Jimmy and I couldn't quit laughing.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 07:21:56 PM »
It didn't seem like Clefairy was going to do anything,
I'm sorry but this is possibly the dumbest thing I've heard/read so far this month.

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 07:39:48 PM »
Huh? How?

I've seen Clefiary come out and do nothing, in all of the SSB games..

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 07:50:28 PM »
Pretty much the only time I use Pokemon is when I'm trying to get 5,000 KOs and unlock score display. I'm pretty sure Clefairies are occassionally inactive, though.

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 01:57:04 AM »
One of mine would probably be when I was screwing around in training mode, and a bunch of banana peels were surrounding Ike.  I'd hit him, he'd slip on the peel behind him, roll forward, slip on the ones in front of him, causing him to fall back on the ones behind him, and he was caught in a slipping loop.

I haven't been able to duplicate it since.

Sqrt2

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 04:57:00 AM »
I've had the computer knock me off the edge, and then run all the way to the other side of the stage, only to run into 3 or 4 bob-ombs and die.

AA fanboy and proud!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 05:29:37 PM »
One time my friend and I were playing as Lucario and Kirby, respectively.  At one point of our match, he broke open a smash ball.  As Lucario was preparing to unleash his final smash, my friend goes "I'm a firin' my lazor, ha!"  The funniest part was that he timed it perfectly. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Sqrt2

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2009, 05:43:39 PM »
King Dedede's event match was a cinch, due to my opponent (who was both giant and metal) deciding to commit suicide rather than fight.

I have surmised that the reason for this is, that my leet Dedede skills were too much for it, and it decided to end the match quickly, rather than suffer a beatdown of epic proportions. ;)
AA fanboy and proud!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2009, 06:51:30 PM »
My friend and I (same friend) were playing Brawl last night, and there was an instance where he got his final smash and activated it on another enemy, while at the same time three smart bombs went off.  What resulted was the biggest explosion I've ever seen on that game.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2009, 07:03:09 PM »
Bumpety-ump-ump.

I've been at college for a couple of months now, and frequently play SSB64 with a few friends.  I always play as Luigi, and am slightly worse at the game than them, and they usually play as Captain Falcon, Pikachu, Fow, and/or Ness.  The three of them are all juniors, and have a ton of inside jokes and "house rules" that I've caught on to, like declaring Red Shells illegal, but not Green, and coming up with crazy names for items and moves.

One of my finest moments playing with them was recently, when one guy was using Captain Falcon, and another one using Ness.  Ness's B-up and Falcon's Falcon Punch collided while hitting a Bob-omb, all right next to a POW Block, and it literally froze the game.  Falcon Punches colliding have nothing on that!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2009, 11:54:21 AM »
The other day a stock match went into Sudden Death due to a well-executed Ganoncide.

This could've also qualified for Things That Made You Poop a Little.

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2009, 12:12:34 PM »
I've seen that happen many a time due the Kirby u-throw suicide KO on Rainbow Cruise.  Always fun to do when you're less than a stock behind, or ahead of your opponents.

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2009, 10:23:31 PM »
my funniest moment was on brawl, I was playing with my niece and nephew, and me and my niece were on a team, and my nephew was on a team with level 8 computer. The stage was custom and like this
|          |
|          |
and me and niece got on the tallest edges somehow (I think we were launched) where you can't jump on it! My nephew was pretty angry (he had link, so NO ATTACKS COULD REACH! and all the items fell where we were standing so we would throw them at him, but he would try to catch 'em) then a glitch happened, computer started attack my nephew! though nothing happened. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 11:39:54 PM by kirbywannabe »
I don't see why we can't have links or images in this.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2009, 10:44:30 PM »

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2009, 02:14:29 AM »
I think what he's trying to say is that he and his niece were fighting his nephew and a CPU in a team battle match. They made it to an area of the stage where the opposition could not reach them. And then the CPU began attacking its own partner. But since they were on a team, nothing happened.

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2009, 11:45:43 AM »
That's what I meant, I sometimes am vague on details.
I don't see why we can't have links or images in this.

Print