Print

Author Topic: super mario sunshine rant  (Read 43121 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2009, 03:38:46 AM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2009, 09:40:43 AM »
Excuse me?

I really, REALLY hope that was sarcasm.

Yes it was sarcasm but since we don't have a sarcasm icon, sarcasm fails. I'm currently up to the next mission where you scratch the giant bee's back in Galaxy.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 09:42:22 AM by nensondubois »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2009, 01:19:40 PM »
I did that bee one...and then i said to myself...I can't believe this is the best they can do

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2009, 01:55:55 PM »
That isn't the best Nintendo can do. After all, that is only an early level, and you wouldn't expect some sort of huge challenge in the beginning, would you?
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2009, 07:11:37 PM »
Yeah, c'mon. This isn't SMB2 (SMBLL)!

If you're looking for challenge, it gets harder Purple Coins in the Bone Pen, Purple Coins on the Dreadnought..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #110 on: June 01, 2009, 08:30:59 PM »
I still don't know how to beat epsidoe with the hot ChainChomps so yeah Sunshine is a challenge enough.

« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2009, 08:50:30 PM »
That level's a toughie for sure, Nenson. You have to spray down the Chomplets until they cool entirely so you can grab their tails with the B button. Once you get a hold of one, you can launch the bugger in any direction by pulling back on their tails and letting go. The idea is to launch all three of them into the pond in the Village's centre, as such.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #112 on: June 01, 2009, 10:44:38 PM »
Sunshine was easy. You squirt water on everything and the Shine appears.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #113 on: June 02, 2009, 09:05:45 AM »
Sunshine was easy.

LIAR. YOU LIE. GET OUT. NOW.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2009, 03:30:36 PM »
Well what, it was. With FLUDD you never had a challenge... until he was gone and Mario became helpless. So it had a few of those times that frustrated you to the point you quit playing (and everyone loves that for some reason, I don't know why) and the rest was a cinch.

Not saying that's a bad thing. In today's world, everyone has some blind, stupid obsession with difficulty in games (which Sunshine didn't have much of) and completely ignore the quantity of fun in it (Sunshine didn't have a lot of that either). I would say that the hardest parts in Sunshine (the "Secret" levels) were the most fun, though, if only because they were free of slime and were the most Mario-y parts of the whole game.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2009, 05:04:17 PM »
The Sky levels had the most difficulty especially the one where you have no FLOOD and you have play a sort of pinball game to get the red coins. Not is that specific one hard to beat but it insanely difficult to find. Under a bridge? Who would guess that? Aside from that, there was a Blooper race that was a tad difficult but I managed to beat it in 10 tries or so. Sunshine does not have expendable replay value after beating it because, why would you want to do those missions over again?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2009, 06:48:30 PM »
So it had a few of those times that frustrated you to the point you quit playing (and everyone loves that for some reason, I don't know why)

You are a fool if you dislike difficulty in games. You have never played a Mega Man game (the finest of platforming) in your life.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2009, 06:54:55 PM »
How do you know that? [And you're wrong by the way]

I'm not saying I don't like challenge in games. I'm saying I hate it when people will claim they hate games like Galaxy for being "too easy." Most of us have been playing video games since we were little kids, it's only natural that we'd get better and find new games to be a piece of cake. It's selfish to wish all games kept up with us and to complain about every game designed with easier learning curves.

It also mystifies me how people with that same backstory still are not good at games they played when they were little kids. Super Mario Bros. is a piece of cake, more so than Galaxy.

Edit: And in the case of Mega Man games, the older ones are truly too hard. Maybe I'm abnormal but when a game is as hard as the classic Mega Man games, I get tired of dying and say "Okay I'm not playing this anymore." Similarly, I can't bring myself to play Very Hard Chapter 5 of F-ZERO GX more than three tries in a row anymore. It's impossibly difficult, the main reward would be having unlocked every character (the last character himself, I don't care much about him).
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 07:01:37 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2009, 07:54:38 PM »
I still find a number of Sunshine's boss battles to be brutally, hellishly, nightmarishly difficult, not to mention illogically sequenced. Really -- Squirting King Boo's tongue to initiate a roulette sequence hopefully resulting in the expulsion of fruit from the boss's gaping maw, from which one must then locate and deftly toss a hot pepper and then another fruit into his tongue thrice before collecting the Shine Sprite? Oh yeah.

It really boils down to whether you'd rather a game infuriate you to the point of popping that vein in your left temple, or bore you to the point at which simply seeing Kirby the main character of the video game in question makes you drowsy.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #119 on: June 02, 2009, 08:28:55 PM »
BP, I can beat most NES Mega Man games in an afternoon.
That was a joke.

Print