Print

Author Topic: Gravity Bone  (Read 3774 times)

« on: January 06, 2009, 08:38:05 PM »
This is the best thing I've played in 2009:

Gravity Bone

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 09:13:51 PM »
It was a geniuinely enjoyable experience in the videological recreational arts, short and simple but with a lot of depth, like a really well written short story.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 10:13:48 PM by TEM »

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 10:08:58 PM »
That was excellent.

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 10:40:18 PM »
If you neglected to play this FREE game, I don't think you realize how large a disservice you're doing yourself.

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 03:18:49 AM »
It was good, I loved how they were able to make so much out of what looked like primitive graphics... and yeah, when that one chase occurs, you're driven to follow and see it through to the end. Still, I was disappointed at how extremely short it was, surely more can be done with what they have. Then again, there's that saying about quitting while you're ahead... and I guess the website has more games like it.

So it was good, but it's not like Portal-good to me. Not the most refreshing, amazing thing ever. Might be if it was longer. And 2009's still early on. For some reason it gave me a vibe of "L. A. Noire", which I like, probably for it really engaging you into the story and those imposing environments.

Even if it seemed a bit ridiculous to me that you could jump and stand onto a pole without any trouble.

I was also reminded of one other original-looking game coming up, it's "flower" for PS3 (scroll down to see a short video of it). It looks very much like "flow" in 3D, but with realistic-looking vast fields that really seem to bring in the immersion, and... yeah. Although personally I'd probably get more use out of it as a screensaver while the game played itself.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 04:15:11 PM »
So it was good, but it's not like Portal-good to me. Not the most refreshing, amazing thing ever. Might be if it was longer.
Well yeah, but Portal was made by the most elite team of PC devs on the planet. This was made by one dude, for free...

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 08:29:56 PM »
Imagine us in 40 years trying to explain to our grandchildren why we thought Portal was so great when it first came out.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 03:50:58 PM »
It'll be even harder to explain that, no, no one really liked the Companion Cube for real.
every

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 09:03:40 PM »
The game started out OK and then got really cool. It simultaneously blew my mind, kept my interest and made me go "[wtd]".

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 10:10:25 PM »
I wanted to play this, but when it finished downloading, I found out I had to pay for my "FREE" Winzip.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 10:49:46 PM »
No you didn't.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2009, 09:43:23 AM »
Chup has spoken, for what he says is reality and must not be questioned.
every

Print