Print

Author Topic: The "I totally regret trading in that game" thread  (Read 13022 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2009, 05:56:53 PM »
So a man's life to you is worth five bucks in store credit out of the pockets of a multi-billion dollar corporation? That's cold.

But seriously, this is about as victimless a crime as there can be. Don't start about how the guy who worked there could have lost his job or whatever either, since he works there to this day. I have never out-and-out stolen anything from a store since I was about five.

I'm sorry, but when you're as constantly strapped for cash as me, it's kind of hard to feel sorry for the big guy.
every

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2009, 05:59:38 PM »
I shot a man just to watch him die.

Ironically, I miss a game that I've never owned: I think it's called Dead Rising. Isn't that the one about the zombies and the camera man in the mall..? I watched a friend play it, and since have thought about the game alot..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2009, 06:13:50 PM »
If you're constantly strapped for cash, wouldn't it be smarter to just save your money instead of buying video games?

Really, if this was a case of life and death or you were basically trying to survive, most of us would probably let it slide. But this isn't the same thing so don't even bother trying to pull the sympathy card.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2009, 07:01:15 PM »
So a man's life to you is worth five bucks in store credit out of the pockets of a multi-billion dollar corporation? That's cold.
One man's life in a nearly seven billion population.

Anyway, I think you missed my point or I made a bad analogy trying to make it to begin with.  The point I meant was that someone can rationalize any crime, but that doesn't make it alright. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2009, 07:24:35 PM »
don't even bother trying to pull the sympathy card.

???

What sympathy card? I told an anecdote about how I commited an exceedingly minor crime and you guys are blowing it ridiculously out of proportion.

I think it's called Dead Rising. Isn't that the one about the zombies and the camera man in the mall..? I watched a friend play it, and since have thought about the game alot..

That game is awesome in a large number of ways. I highly recommend a purchase. OR STEALING IT LIKE GLORB HURR HURR
every

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2009, 07:30:50 PM »
I would purchase, but own no Xbox.. The two most current consoles that we own are PS2 and Wii.

I've there is a Wii version, but's it's not as good...?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2009, 09:08:54 PM »
I no longer sell my games, unless it's a double. I'm selling 20 Atari 2600 games on friday.

oh yeah I'm kinda back :P
Ditto used Machop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2009, 09:18:44 PM »
I started reading the last few posts from the bottom up and got somewhat disturbed for a while.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2009, 10:59:05 PM »
sold at ridiculously high prices (eBay sellers love to do this).
I'm currently looking for OoT gold cart for my friend.  On eBay, the only things worse than sellers selling items at ridiculously high prices are sellers who set a reserve price, and bidders that up the bid by over 10 bucks, basically ruining it for frugal buyers such as myself.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2009, 11:33:19 PM »
OoT gold carts aren't even rare. We get them all the time at work. $14.99
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2009, 11:54:11 PM »
I'm trying to get one for under 10 bucks, so my friend doesn't have to pay much back.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2009, 07:15:48 AM »
My OoT copy is gray but I've got that cool gold Majora's Mask with the lenticular cartridge art.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2009, 10:04:20 AM »
I've never seen a gray MM cart, so I don't think they exist.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2009, 10:16:44 AM »
Yeah same here. The gold cart with wacky sticker on it really stood out amongst other normal carts though.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 11:02:47 AM by TEM »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2009, 10:40:55 AM »
There are, however, non-lenticular versions of Majora's Mask.
That was a joke.

Print