Print

Author Topic: E3 2009 Wishlist  (Read 13768 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« on: June 01, 2009, 04:41:13 PM »
Pikmin 3 info
M&L 3 release date
Kirby Wii
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 04:43:06 PM »
I've already got the Secret of Monkey Island remake and L4D2, so I'm gonna be happy regardless of what else happens. Funny, I never really have expectations of E3, so I'm never disappointed. Unlike everyone else. Who bawwws. All the time. About Nintendo.
No! I don't want that!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 04:43:33 PM »
F-ZERO Z
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 05:42:58 PM »
Kirby Wii

I would say Kingdom Hearts 3, but 358/2 Days isn't even out in the US yet, so it doesn't seem likely.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Sqrt2

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 05:58:05 PM »
New DK game announced (one that sticks the the DKC formula - none of that Jungle Beat crap!)
Earthbound confirmed for the VC (or at least a Mother series compilation cart for the DS)
New F-Zero game announced
New Star Fox game announced
A european release date for Kirby Super Star Ultra

Of course, none of the above will actually happen, but I can dream, right?
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 06:23:13 PM »
M&L 3 release date,
A real sequel to SMW or SM64.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 06:33:05 PM »
A real sequel to SMW or SM64.

What you say???

More:

Chrono Cross for DS
Dragon Quest 6 release date
(MAL3)

RPG Nerd.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 07:28:12 PM »
Fragile.

That is all.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 07:32:19 PM »
My list, fixed:

--New Kid Icarus
--Kirby Wii (was supposed to be for the GCN, but then again so was TP and SPM and DK:BB... not that it bothers me that much. I mean, the Cube was circling the drain at that point)
--Pikmin 3
--Maybe a new IP (I think people push this too much, as there have been a few on the DS. However, consolewise, pretty much jack squat "Wii __" doesn't count and they know it.
--All of the above done right.
--Some M&L3 and Made in Ore info for the US, for God's sake
--MotionPlus (for any and all not-ubercasual games)
--Remake(s) of an old Mario and/or Zelda game with enhanced graphics (a stretch, I know)
--Some indication they give a [darn] about the Mother series outside of Japan

Well...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 09:26:55 PM by ShadowBrain »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 08:04:53 PM »
If they end up making a Kid Icarus Wii and they use his Brawl design I will rage.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 08:06:15 PM »
Are we talkin' games that have been announced for release, or games that we wish would be announced? If the former,

-Mario & Luigi 3
-Kirby Wii (unless it's been cancelled... again)
-Earthbound and Donkey Kong 64 on Virtual Console
-Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver
-The Beatles: Rock Band
-Possibly Klonoa: Door to Phantomile and Legend of Stafy, but not sure.

Of course, if this list may include titles far too awesome for humankind to handle, the following game must be added:

-Super Mario Guns 'n' Women, the first title in the Mario series to receive an Adults Only rating from the ESRB.
-A real sequel to SMW.
-A Pokemon/Mario crossover title which incorporates collectible Mushroom Kingdom creatures into a Pokemon-style RPG format.
-If I had been posting this a month ago, this space would've been occupied by those then-unannounced Pokemon Gold and Silver remakes we had all been anticipating.
-A Lego Mario game. A man can dream, can't he?
-...And a partridge in a pear tree.

Shadowbrain, what does this "IP" stand for?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 08:26:10 PM »
Intellectual Property.
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 09:33:06 PM »
  • Mario & Luigi 3
  • Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver
  • Kirby Wii
  • Pokemon Pinball DS (It could happen)
  • Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 09:51:54 PM »
Star Fox Wii
Kirby Wii
Super Mario Universe (sounds like an applicable title)

I'll add more after I think it over. I just don't want E3 to be like last year's lackluster performance.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 10:29:43 PM »
Hrm, I will say I would very much like a new Ice Climber title.
No! I don't want that!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 12:27:14 AM »
I can not believe you guys.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 07:14:02 AM »
Allegedly a picture of a Mario-related game through a curtain.

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 08:17:01 AM »
One can definitely make out "SUPER" in the top row, but the one or two words beneath it are anyone's guess.

...Anyone?

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 10:38:48 AM »
I can not believe you guys.

What's not to believe? We're all real people, I promise!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2009, 10:46:15 AM »
Looks reminiscent of the SMW logo.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009, 11:14:15 AM »
Looks like it is the SMW logo.

Edit: Looks like "Super Mario Bros. [something]" in the SMB1/SMB2 font.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 11:21:59 AM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2009, 11:25:42 AM »
New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Also confirmed, Super Mario Galaxy 2 (With Yoshi riding!), Golden Sun DS, Metroid Other M (A non-FPS Metroid), and Mario & Luigi 3: Bowser's Inside Story.
No! I don't want that!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2009, 11:49:21 AM »
Even though there was no Kirby Wii or Pikmin 3, I do have to admit this went better than last year.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009, 11:52:21 AM »
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (With Yoshi riding!)

"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 01:26:22 PM »
New DK game announced (one that sticks the the DKC formula - none of that Jungle Beat crap!)
Earthbound confirmed for the VC (or at least a Mother series compilation cart for the DS)
New F-Zero game announced
New Star Fox game announced
A european release date for Kirby Super Star Ultra

Of course, none of the above will actually happen, but I can dream, right?

Wait. Europe is sill missing out on Kirby Super Star Ultra? It's been out in the US some time.

Mine:

Super smash Bros. Melee for the DS (With added stuff)
Resales of Tetris DS since they stopped Making new copies and I could kick myself for trading it in and now it coist 50 dollars! I rarely to never trade games in!
Command And Conquer Red Alert and Tiberian Sun for the DS
Intellivision Lives! for the DS. When the hell are they finally going to sell it?!? It's been two years since news was heard of on it!
Some kind of go find Nintendo cameos game for the Wii.

End of wish list.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 02:12:54 PM »
Fragile confirmed in USA. FINALLY
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 02:25:42 PM »
Like you really thought they really wouldn't.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 02:40:29 PM »
I just about did. I mean Namco isn't even releasing it themselves.
That was a joke.

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 08:11:33 PM »
Does anyone find the comparative lack of time between the release of Galaxy and the unveiling Galaxy 2 to be rather unnerving? As we all know, most truly great games are the result of an unreasonably long development stage. The sequel's trailer doesn't exhibit many innovations aside from Yoshi. Personally, I'd have very few qualms with a game that's little more than an extension to Galaxy, although y'all would probably beg to differ.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 08:32:00 PM »
Makes me think NES Mario game release timespan. I'm guessing they retained the engine and all building blocks and farmed it out to TOSE or something. I certainly don't mind "more-of-the-same" sequel production, as evidenced by my liking of NES Mario and Mega Man games.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2009, 09:27:44 PM »
It's basically the same schedule as the 2D games. There's a rough, basic one, then a weird, polarizing one, then a totally awesome one that really finds its groove, appeals to everyone, and has almost seamless controls, then finishing off with a fancied-up and almost perfected version of the awesome one (with new levels and stuff and all) that takes half the time to make (2D games had 2 years between them until SMW, which came out 1 year after SMB3; 3D games had about 6 years between them, SMG2 will be coming out about 3 years after SMG), and along the way there's also two Mario sidescrollers and a bunch of crazy new Wario games. The main distinction is that while SMW was the first 2D game to not be on the same console as the others, SMG2 is the first 3D game to not be on a different console. Kinda cool how that all works out.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2009, 09:31:17 PM »
Intellivision Lives! for the DS. When the hell are they finally going to sell it?!? It's been two years since news was heard of on it!

Cancelled :(
Ditto used Machop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2009, 09:57:21 PM »
I know you're all sick of hearing my opinions, so I'll just say that though this E3 was better than last year's by a longshot, I'm not completely ecstatic.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2009, 10:17:51 PM »
I expected you to be thrilled for Galaxy 2, since your main dissatisfaction with it (world size, linear-ness) looks like it's being addressed. At least, the snow level in the trailer looks huge.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2009, 02:50:43 PM »
OK, after seeing NSMBW, my complaint is invalid. Way to go, Nintendo!
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Sqrt2

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2009, 05:50:40 PM »
Wait. Europe is sill missing out on Kirby Super Star Ultra? It's been out in the US some time.

According to GameFaqs, it's scheduled for a release in Q2 2009...which we are in the middle of.

Anyway, it looks like all of my wishlist has failed to be realised (as I pretty much expected it would).

*sighs loudly*
AA fanboy and proud!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009, 05:10:29 PM »
I expected you to be thrilled for Galaxy 2, since your main dissatisfaction with it (world size, linear-ness) looks like it's being addressed.
Yes, I am looking forward to those improvements. That being said, in the interest of me expressing my pent-up opinions but not ****ing anybody off, let me just say that, despite having boycotted GamesRadar for quite a long time now, I came across a link to this and I'd just like to say I agree with every word (and the same sentiments go for NSMBW).

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2009, 05:26:49 PM »
Does anyone find the comparative lack of time between the release of Galaxy and the unveiling Galaxy 2 to be rather unnerving? As we all know, most truly great games are the result of an unreasonably long development stage. The sequel's trailer doesn't exhibit many innovations aside from Yoshi. Personally, I'd have very few qualms with a game that's little more than an extension to Galaxy, although y'all would probably beg to differ.

It's like a 3D super Mario World!
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2009, 05:34:52 PM »
It's more like a 3D SMB2J: Visually identical and (allegedly) more difficult.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2009, 12:25:21 AM »
Soul Calibur for the PSP. With Kratos. What?

Anywho, I don't care much for Kratos. However, the guy with the top hat and funny mustache looks awesome.
No! I don't want that!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2009, 01:14:55 AM »
If it was Kratos Aurion, I might care a little. And also if the guy with the top hat and mustache was Count Cannoli.

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2009, 01:44:01 AM »
Kratos Aurion has a better voice, but Kratos, Ghost of Sparta, has much better games.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2009, 06:01:08 PM »
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Mario & Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story
Metroid: Other M
Pikmin 3 (I know its not in the e3, but it still is coming out)
Zelda Spirit Tracks.

What a year for nintendo! What a year....
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2009, 06:15:27 PM »
Soul Calibur for the PSP. With Kratos. What?

Anywho, I don't care much for Kratos. However, the guy with the top hat and funny mustache looks awesome.

a) Kratos = instant boner, at least for me. I'm still holding out for Dante, though.

b) The 0.67 second glimpse of Tira's new look is about twelve time's hotter than the SC4 version of her. For the record, Tira is very hot.

c) Those graphics are straight sicknasty tight gangsta ballin for PSP.

d) None of that matters, since I'm only ever going to play as that awesome hat guy.
every

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2009, 10:54:17 PM »
d) None of that matters, since I'm only ever going to play as that awesome hat guy.

I agree, Dampierre is the only character I am going to play as ever.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2009, 05:24:05 AM »
b) Everyone looked like they were dressed in their SCIV clothes to me, including Tira.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2009, 08:27:33 AM »
Well, I wasn't paying too much attention to everybody's character designs, and Tira got about one nanosecond of screentime (that I noticed), so that may be true. But either way, rowr.
every

Print