Print

Author Topic: Tatanga  (Read 15369 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2009, 04:49:47 PM »
Yah. That was Gunpei Yokoi. If left up to Miyamoto it would've just been SMB on Game Boy with no differences at all. :\

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2009, 05:52:34 PM »
Just like Super Mario Bros. 2, 3, World, Yoshi's Island, 64, Sunshine and Galaxy were, right?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2009, 06:05:47 PM »
Were what? Identical Game Boy games?

Oh, wait, sarcasm.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2009, 06:48:08 PM »
Just like Super Mario Bros. 2, 3, World, Yoshi's Island, 64, Sunshine and Galaxy were, right?

Yep. Those were some of the laziest Game Boy games ever.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2009, 06:53:18 PM »
You know what I meant. If you can't argue my point then say so.
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2009, 08:35:48 PM »
Actually, when "he" finally did put SMB on the Game Boy (Color), it had more extra features than most modern Mario remakes.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2009, 04:00:23 PM »
Tatanga was an awesome character, and yeah he was only in two games...so that REALLY surprises me they haven't brought him back, unlike the characters who have only been in one game...or NO games for that matter.  (Cough: baby peach, toadette, waluigi, etc.)

Seriously though, when I saw that they had put baby peach in mario kart wii, I died a little inside...and then I said "Is that the best they could come up with?  Are they even trying anymore?"

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2009, 05:20:56 PM »
(Cough: baby peach, toadette, waluigi, etc.)

Baby Peach appeared in PiT, and Toadette appeared in TTYD.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2009, 05:48:50 PM »
Did baby Daisy appear previously to MKD?

On the slight upside, the babies are taking up character spaces that Petey Pirhana could have been in. I'd rather have two Marios than Petey any day.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2009, 01:32:05 AM »
Why does everybody hate Petey? I mean, he's a way better character than let's say, Waluigi.

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2009, 01:39:40 AM »
Petey is not better than Waluigi. Waluigi may be a complete loser, but at least he's fun to make fun of. Petey has no character and is really just an eyesore.

Piranha Plant in a speedo? DO NOT WANT.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2009, 01:58:19 AM »
I agree. Petey doesn't have a lot going on for him. He can puke, he can fly, he can make gurgly noises, and he can block your view of the road in Mario Kart.

Waluigi can say "WAH," look hilarious, pose with a golf club in a way that removing the club makes it look like he's dancing, he can say "Wheeeeeee!!!" and can speak in third-person.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2009, 02:44:14 AM »
King Boo is sort of like that too. He can puke, fly, make strange noises, and block your view of the road in Mario Kart (well, not really).

I mean...he was sort of cool in Luigi's Mansion but totally sucked in Sunshine. Some characters just get worse as time goes on. Wario, however, keeps getting more interesting. His Brawl incarnation is just awesome.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 02:48:54 AM by PaperLuigi »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2009, 04:39:02 AM »
King Boo was awesome in Luigi's Mansion. Glowing red eyes, glowing blue mouth, unique evil laugh, unique crown design (as far as Mario games are concerned), a foggy aura, translucent...

Super Mario Sunshine's King Boo: What. The. Hell.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2009, 05:03:53 AM »
I knew Miyamoto was never a stickler for storyline/plot consistency, but seriously. King Boo in Sunshine was just stupid.

I dunno, maybe there are multiple king boos. If so, Mansion's King Boo needs to eat Sunshine's King Boo. The crown should go to the cooler villain.

Print