Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy trading cards?  (Read 13930 times)

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 12:55:21 PM »
Well, there's a paradox if I've ever seen one: You have to buy $800 worth of games to get the cards which allow you to get $800 worth of games for free? All I know is that it took the combined totals of my own and my cousin's games to afford a 600-coin cardboard-and-foam game case. One schmexy game case, mind you, but just a game case nonetheless.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 01:51:34 PM »
You got one of those cases too, Weegee? I know I did.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 06:50:52 PM »
You know you did, or do you think you know you did?

Yeah?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 06:09:00 AM »
I've contemplated getting that but really I have no idea which reward I should get because they all look incredible.

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 01:17:16 PM »
Yeah, deciding between the SMB game case and the Hafunda cards was brutal. In the end, the former won out because laminated cardboard and foam is more likely to survive a juice spill than paper cards.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2009, 01:28:21 PM »
I'm gonna wait until next month to do anything. I got Platinum status, and I want to make sure the prize you get for that isn't something I was going to buy (doubtful, I know, since this isn't Japan). I'm also not registering anything until then, because it seems like a waste to go over 600 in a year.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2009, 01:54:11 PM »
The Platinum status prize (which I'll be getting as well) is probably something relatively trivial compared to the actual collectibles. I'd expect something to the likes of a commemorative coin. On a related note, Japan's Club Nintendo has access to exponentially cooler stuff than ours. Really, who wouldn't want a Nintendo DS case shaped like Mario's hat?

EDITED EDIT: Whoops; my bad.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 03:19:36 PM by Weegee »

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2009, 02:52:05 PM »
No, coins last for 2 whole full years.

Statuses get reset every year though, so I'll be a platinum member for basically like 10 more days.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2009, 05:37:47 PM »
That's the one I got too, Weegee. I liked how it smelled like a shoe store when I first got it. Mmm...shoe store scent...

Anyway, back to the SMG trading cards, I made a video about it which can be seen here. This will probably be the only time you'll ever see me in front of a webcam...

Or you can simply ignore that and just check out the card checklist. Do note that because the size of this thing, I had a little trouble scanning it.

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2009, 02:13:05 PM »
speaking of pokemon cards, I am very thankful I didn't go for that fad...my friends wasted LOTS of money on that crap

I remember the real Mario cards there with drawn screens from mario 1 and 2, and there were those silver things to scratch to see if you won...those were cool

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2009, 04:01:01 PM »
Yeah, I've got a few of those myself.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2009, 06:21:18 PM »
I remember the real Mario cards there with drawn screens from mario 1 and 2, and there were those silver things to scratch to see if you won...those were cool
I have some of those actually. I picked them up at the Goodwill that I used to work at. I never did scratch off any of them though. :P

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2009, 09:31:07 PM »
Yeah, that kind of stuff you leave be. I picked 'em up at Starabilias in Downtown Disney years ago.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2009, 03:56:51 PM »
If any if them were doubles, I would've done it. But of course, none of these were.

Print