Print

Author Topic: When was Bowser the most threatening? When was he the most pathetic?  (Read 13586 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2009, 04:17:12 PM »
I found Rawk Hawk to be more of a comic relief than an actual threat.
Victory... is my destiny!

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 04:22:22 PM »
Same, considering Bowser squashed him instantly and Mario has beaten Bowser many, many times.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 09:03:54 PM »
SMG and... maybe SMW Bowser are pretty formidable, I guess. He's usually more of a evil-ish lunk in the RPGS, which I think suits him okay (at the least, it explains how Mario bests him so often, and contrasts the series better with the pure-evil Ganon/dorf of Zelda).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2009, 03:35:55 AM »
Most threatening: Undoubtedly Galaxy. Like most every fight with him in any game ever* (except some others, including the Paper Mario series**), the battles were comical, but the initial raid on Toad Town was nothing short of impressive.
I agree with this completely. It really seemed like war.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2009, 10:10:43 AM »
The SMG sequence may have been quite threatening, but it fails for two reasons: Kidnapping Peach (my, what a surprise) and involving that baby clone who was not necessary to add to the Mario Universe (seriously, somebody's child doesn't need to look exactly like him).
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2009, 11:08:22 AM »
And in fact, he doesn't.
That was a joke.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2009, 07:22:27 PM »
Bowser Jr. looks EXACTLY like how dad looked in Yoshi's Island. Even so much to the fact they both have that "wabble wabble" talk.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2009, 09:43:35 PM »
Actually, Bowser Jr. and YI Baby Bowser are pretty different looking. It's the PIT Baby Bowser that looks exactly like him, because Alphadream wasn't paying attention.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2009, 01:01:45 AM »
Or it may have been their intention to retcon his original appearance and make Bowser Jr. a spitting image of Bowser.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2009, 02:07:31 PM »
That game is responsible for destroying the one last shred of sense that any conceivable non-link between Bowser, Jr. and Baby Bowser had.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2009, 02:17:32 PM »
Am I the only one who doesn't find it weird? There's already an incredibly strong link; they're the same thing but one has no As.

Baby Bowser: Bowser as a kid
Bowser Jr.: Bowser's kid

It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2009, 03:21:07 PM »
they're the same thing but one has no As.
Then how does he take a... oh.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2009, 05:48:39 PM »
Why is it so weird for a kid to look just like their parents? I see it all the time. In fact, I'm pretty much the spitting image of my father when he was my age.
No! I don't want that!

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2009, 06:55:14 PM »
That game is responsible for destroying the one last shred of sense that any conceivable non-link between Bowser, Jr. and Baby Bowser had.

It was fine when it was just Baby Bowser, in fact, I LIKED Baby Bowser, that little pain. However, it is clear Bowser Jr. was inspired by him, so I don't know if I like him or not anymore.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 04:51:01 PM by Sapphira »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2009, 07:11:45 PM »
And Jacket Wario was inspired by Adventuring Wario

!
It's YOUR problem!

Print