Poll

Which prize is better?

Doc Louis's Punch-Out!!
Mario Hat
Print

Author Topic: The Platinum Problem  (Read 23738 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 10:49:16 PM »
It's a pillow with a hole to shove your head in.

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 10:54:00 PM »
Is that not what pillows are in the first place? A hole conformed to the shape of your head for better relaxation?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 11:57:08 PM »
It's a pillow with a hole to shove your head in.

Sounds like a good time to me DISREGARD THAT

Really, Nintendo specifies actual hat-sized measurements in the award notification e-mail. It's a hat.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2009, 04:47:55 AM »

Please tell me you're kidding when you'd say you'd rather wear that elementary school play prop than have a bout with Little Mac's mentor, who has stolen more bikes and eaten more chocolate than any man could have imagined.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 10:39:21 AM »
Considering I've never played Punch-Out!! and don't plan on it for the forseeable future, I certainly am not kidding when I say I want the hat.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2009, 12:01:19 PM »
Considering that it's an entry-level minigame, Doc Louis is probably easier than most punching bags.

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2009, 05:23:03 PM »
Entry-level? You have to spend around $500 on Nintendo-published games and take dozens of surveys to play it. This game has one of the highest levels of entry of all gaming history.

Bird's passionate defense of Doc Louis's Punch-Out!! has sold me. I don't want to get the hat and then say,

"I missed the chocolate bar convention for this?"

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2009, 05:26:42 PM »
Well, the game will have to be playable to spoiled ten-year-old gamers and deserving Nintendo veterans alike. Just sayin'.

But alas, the choice is yours and yours alone. Just keep a close eye on your bicycle while you play.

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2009, 05:32:27 PM »
The other thing is that even if he's easy to beat, he'll hopefully have three challenges to do like everyone else. Because those are always pretty hard, either in execution or just hard to figure out how to do it.

But if the fight does turn out to be one-sided, I'll eat my chocolate bar sideways.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2009, 06:08:02 PM »
Think about it. You're fighting Doc. Now, his tips aren't super-useful, but if he's as hard as just Great Tiger or Don Flamenco, he could just be your worst nightmare--who's gonna eat chocolate to restore your health? What if he doesn't let you fight a hologram to practice in Exhibition? Heck, he might pull a Soda Popinski and eat his chocolate to heal himself!

Anyone who played the game should be expecting this to be much greater than a "minigame." Anything short of spectacular, and it wouldn't feel like part of the effort that went into every detail of Punch-Out!! Of course all the naysayers don't give a flying frig about the game because they're busy playing the same old things. Play it and see what it is for yourself.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 06:14:37 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2009, 06:57:10 PM »
I personally have no prior connection to Punch-Out(!!), hence my disinterest in the downloadable fight option. Heck, I wasn't even aware that he was known as anything besides the "N---a Stole My Bike" Guy before now. It's just a matter of perception: For me, the choice was easier than deciding between receving Chuck Norris' autograph or having dinner with Juan the school janitor.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2009, 07:36:38 PM »
Of course all the naysayers don't give a flying frig about the game because they're busy playing the same old things. Play it and see what it is for yourself.

Yeah
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2009, 07:39:15 PM »
Whoa, I just now realized how appropriate this reward actually is. Doc Louis pimps Club Nintendo in the game. Why? So you could eventually fight him!

He also pimped the ancient Nintendo Fun Club. :)

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2009, 08:38:47 PM »
For me, the choice was easier than deciding between receving Chuck Norris' autograph or having dinner with Juan the school janitor.

You went with Jaun, right? Because Chuck Norris is an old man and an even older joke, right?
No! I don't want that!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2009, 09:17:22 PM »
Whoa, I just now realized how appropriate this reward actually is. Doc Louis pimps Club Nintendo in the game. Why? So you could eventually fight him!

He also pimped the ancient Nintendo Fun Club. :)
I saw that screenshot in Nintendo Power and almost immediately made the connection. I LOLed.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Print