Print

Author Topic: Giant DS for old people announced  (Read 10331 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« on: October 29, 2009, 06:30:50 PM »
You may commence the bawwing. You have to admit that the burgundy color is pretty nice, though.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 07:27:05 PM »
What's to cry about?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 07:41:32 PM »
Luigison and Deezer have already ordered theirs.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 07:49:20 PM »
The thing to cry about is the fact that the system is enormous (probably won't be fitting in your pocket), has the same resolution as the smaller-screened system, and costs ~$200.

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 08:46:37 PM »
What's to cry about?

you of all people should know.

Like, those who bought the original and think they're getting gipped because there's has a smaller screen or doesn't have pre-installed software.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 08:53:35 PM »
If anything, I'd have expected people to BAWWW over the fact that Nintendo is revamping a months-old product purely for aesthetic appeal. Of course, this is coming from one who believes that buying a GBA-incompatible DSi is lunacy to begin with.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 08:55:19 PM »
A bigger screen is cool but the fact that the pixels are simply larger is lame. But understandable? seeing as how they don't seem to feel like actually making a new system or anything.
I can't really remember the last time I played a GBA game on my DS so Weegee's post has no meaning for me.
That was a joke.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 09:09:12 PM »
That's four models... FOUR MODELS... How does my least liked Nintendo console get this many rereleases, while the Gamecube and Wii still don't get at the very least a second model with DVD capabilities?
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 09:27:59 PM »
Wii technically has DVD capabilities. You just have to run a homebrew program for it. But why? Everyone has a PS2 and a computer and a DVD player anyway. Why do you need to have one on Wii just so it gets included in redundancy?
That was a joke.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 09:47:08 PM »
Why CrossEyed, why?

And yes Chup, I did know that, but what was the point of disabling DVD playability?
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 09:59:37 PM »
It's a game console.
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 10:09:19 PM »
There was also something to do with paying a licensing fee for that feature, which I guess would've driven up the price slightly.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 10:12:09 PM »
It's a game console.

You're absolutely right, I'm sorry I questioned you. (and I'm not saying this sarcastically, I'm seriously apologetic)

Part of the reason I don't want a PS3 is because of its Blu-Ray capabilities. Check out Hellsing 920's Blu-Ray rant to see why it sucks.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2009, 10:41:03 PM »
I'm not going to, because Blu-Ray is fine with me especially since it can store so much. And PS3 is getting The Last Guardian.
That was a joke.

Print