Print

Author Topic: Giant DS for old people announced  (Read 10329 times)

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 11:38:12 PM »
Blu-Ray is fine for a medium storage but not for movies. Watch Spider-Man 3 on DVD and Blu-Ray and tell me the Blu-Ray experience changed your views of that garbage movie.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 05:37:56 AM »
Luigison and Deezer have already ordered theirs.
Hahaha, No.  I'm "old" on this forum, but have excellent eye sight.  Deezer, on the other hand, is younger, but nearly blind.

Wii technically has DVD capabilities. You just have to run a homebrew program for it. But why? Everyone has a PS2 and a computer and a DVD player anyway. Why do you need to have one on Wii just so it gets included in redundancy?
I do not have a PS2 nor a DVD player.  I have a PS3 so you essentially got me.  I'd gladly pay a slight premium to have a legal DVD/Wii combo for my daughters room.  If that never happens I'll consider homebrewing her a Wii w/ DVD and Duck Tales NES. 

Back to the subject, I'd like a slightly bigger screened DSi, but only if it was at a higher resolution.  Gigantic pixels don't look good on modern games.  While I'm on the subject, dual analog and PDA functions would be something I'd like to see.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2009, 06:19:58 AM »
Granted, I won't be paying for it, but I've actually been hoping to get a standard DSi for Christmas or something. This news won't change it, though--if anything, a very large DS with blurrier screens is less interesting to me (the built-in games don't seem that interesting, either, but it's already been established that this iteration is being made with those who Brain Age is also targeted at in mind, so I can't complain too much).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 10:30:26 AM »
If the screen had a higher resolution, I'd think it'd be pretty neat.

Still sticking with my DS Phat.  It's nearly 5 years old, and it still works like a charm.  And the GBA slot is just convenient to have, even though I haven't used it in a while.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2009, 11:50:10 AM »
Nintendo can forget about me buying any more DS's... I at first swore off the DS Lite but my DS Phat got all scratched up and wasn't fun to play anymore so I sold it and got a DS Lite.

But in all honesty, the DS has been my least hated Nintendo product. Something about touching the screen, getting it all dented and scratched and etc, just isn't fun to me.

But I do like some games.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2009, 02:33:21 PM »
the DS has been my least hated Nintendo product.

Might want to rephrase that, bud.

I probably play GBA games on my DS more than I do DS titles. NSMB and LOZ:PH just can't compare to what the Game Boy has to offer.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 02:45:17 PM »
Too late Weegee, you've quoted it. There's nothing I can do to fix my mistake now :3

Anyway, what I really don't understand is, why exactly ARE they coming out with so many DS models? The system is five years old, by this time we should have gotten wind on the next handheld console.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2009, 03:37:35 PM »
Because it costs less to slightly retool a system that's already been released than to come up with an entirely new one.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2009, 04:12:43 PM »
And it's easier to slightly retool a system that's already has a lot of released games than to come up with an entirely new line of games for a new system. 

The DSi is a great addition to Nintendo's money making machine because it has a lot or released games that can be played on it and offers some new or remade games in digital format that require very little overhead. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2009, 04:31:11 PM »
Because it costs less to slightly retool a system that's already been released than to come up with an entirely new one.

But either way, a brand new system is coming. Why put off the inevitable?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2009, 04:57:07 PM »
Why announce a brand new non-DS system when the DS is still selling strongly and getting new awesome games all the time? Just because you don't like the system doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009, 05:28:42 PM »
Heck, I'd prefer a new system that goes back to a simpler one-screen mechanic instead of messing with the touch screen, something most DS games I've played make minimal use of (not that it's not a great system).
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2009, 06:32:52 PM »
I like having the second screen, though. Not necessarily for the touch features (though they're awesome when used well), but for the whole "here's a screen to put stuff like maps and menu options on" thing, and for games that pull off cross-hinge play well. You can't do stuff like that with a single-screen system like the GBA or the PSP.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2009, 10:58:24 AM »
Blu-Ray is fine for a medium storage but not for movies. Watch Spider-Man 3 on DVD and Blu-Ray and tell me the Blu-Ray experience changed your views of that garbage movie.
???????????? It just looks better. It doesn't make movies into better films. Once again, your argument really has nothing to do with fact. Regardless, I liked Spider-Man 3.
That was a joke.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2009, 08:19:54 PM »
Still sticking with my DS Phat.  It's nearly 5 years old, and it still works like a charm.  And the GBA slot is just convenient to have, even though I haven't used it in a while.

Formerly quite reasonable.

Print