Print

Author Topic: Forza Motorsport 3  (Read 7335 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« on: November 02, 2009, 06:41:45 AM »
UPDATE 1: Added more at the bottom beginning with the still shot of the 944 Turbo (the deep red one). Also, the quality is better.

UPDATE 2 - 1.15.2010: Added pictures of a Porsche polizei car I just created and the AI driver trying to overtake me and failing miserably... leading him to flip.

UPDATE 3 - 1.23.2010: Added pictures of a car I made for a friend and my BNSF Railway Road-Rail Work Vehicle.

UPDATE 4 - 1.27.2010: Added new friends I have created and a much better attempt at a Texas license plate.

So Forza just came out about 4 days ago or so in the states. If anyone here has it (highly, highly doubt it), post your pictures of your cars/etc. if you can. (I think the last person here that had more knowledge of cars beyond changing a tire or knowing what a tire was in the first place joined years ago, posted 9 times, then randomly died. I think his username was "carsforcarpeople.")

Please refrain from posting "lol HOW DO U LIEK TEH CARZ? THEY R ROLLIGN PEECES OF METAL AND RUBBER THAT GITS U FROM POINT A TO POINT B LULZ"

Anyway, the Mustang pictures look crappy. I was screwing with the settings and made the exposure a tiny bit too high and it makes the car's details look horrifying and the quality looks like an early 360 game. (Better ones will come soon enough.) These pictures are taken in Forza's "Photo Mode." From there you can upload the pictures to your computer. Also, all paint, lettering, "license plate," etc. on the state trooper Mustang were made in Forza's spectacular Paint section where you can make anything you want using decals, vinyls, etc. (read: lots of people have made 8-bit recreations of Mario, etc. that you can put on your car... and some people have even themed cars for Mario 3, Galaxy, etc. and much, much, much more. It's pretty awesome what people come up with). Some of these pictures don't do the game justice. On a TV screen running it at 1080p is absolutely breathtaking, and half the time you forget that the cars aren't real.

This is my Fox body Mustang state trooper car. It's not finished. Yes, there were police Mustangs back in the late 80s/early 90s. SSP Mustangs as they're called (Special Service Package). This version is based off the Texas DPS livery. (Also, that picture's all screwed up for some reason.)

Rear shot

License Plate Close-Up (Need to add the holes where the screws would go; otherwise, that is what the Texas plate for a police car would look like. I might have to touch up the little Texas inbetween the lettering, however. That was a bit difficult to make haha.) By the way, a little background: the "T83" is the beginning of my friend's license plate on his car and the "KRJ" is the beginning of the license plate for my BMW I used to own.

I hit that part of the road going way, waaaay too fast. Probably around 120MPH. It was cool to air out over the 911 there, though. After landing that I promptly crashed into a wall and rolled it a few times.

This one was the first time I flew off that part of the track (before the above picture). Tiny bit more artistic.

Porsche 944 Turbo (Porsche 951). I've driven one!!!

Rear View

Front View

Turning in deep.

Flying away. Forza can render tire deformation, so if you look at the right rear tire, you can see it morphing (since I was turning hard).

Vice City Drifting.

Hot Brakes! Note: The tire looks like it has a flat spot because I was landing after I caught some air and I had my tire pressure set relatively low for the track I was at... so don't mistake that for clipping through the road surface!

Tire Deformation Close-Up. I was turning hard left if you couldn't tell.

BMW M3 (E36) Also, that's the body style that my real life BMW was (wish I still owned it).

M3 Rear

Lamborghini Diablo SV. (The roofline is about as high as your hips would be assuming you're around 6 feet tall. Trust me, I've stood next to/sat in one haha. They are low.)

Diablo Rear

Shelby GT500 (obviously based off the 2005-2008 body style Mustang). I've driven one, too! Very, very awesome.

GT500 Rear

Porsche 993 GT2 Polizei Car Front (By the way, they did use those cars in that exact livery as mid-90s Autobahn patrol cars.)

993 GT2 3/4 Photo

993 GT2 License Plate Close-Up. Painstaking detail went into making this perfect from the ring of stars above the small "D" to the custom-made number threes.

AI Driver Fail. This aggressive AI was trying to overtake me in the chicane and failed miserably by slamming into the tirewall (just off-screen to the right) resulting in him starting to flip over. That BMW at the right is me.

This took two hours to create (the figure, at least).

BNSF Road-Rail Vehicle aka. a "Hy-Rail" (Highway-Rail) or "Hy-Railer" Didn't take too long to create. I like how this one came out quite a bit. I crappily paint.net'd it to demonstrate what a Hy-Rail actually does and what its natural habitat would usually be.

The livery on the tonneau cover.

This is another friend, Zoe, I created.

This is my friend Jessica I created in a 1950s-style comic book fashion... kinda.

The full image.

For her car, I also created Texas' 2009 & up license plate. It was pretty difficult.

And the rear.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 08:04:46 PM by Trainman »
Formerly quite reasonable.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 11:35:56 PM »
Bump adds 4 new pictures at the bottom of the first post. Read the newest update at the top of the first post to see what's included.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 09:50:59 PM »
Bump adds 3 new creations at the bottom.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 08:05:13 PM »
Bump adds more friend creations at the bottom.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 11:16:52 AM »
I hate this thread.

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 05:00:00 PM »
I mega hate this thread because I also hate racing games.

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 05:04:15 PM »
Jessica should seriously consider rhinoplasty.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 11:46:24 AM »
Edited to stand down.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 10:20:20 PM by Trainman »

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 10:03:01 PM »
Gentlemen, cut the "edgy" posts out and show each other some respect.

If you don't like a thread, ignore it or if relevant be constructive. I know some of you haven't worked it out yet, but you'll see that different people have different tastes someday.

Returning fire never helps either. I'm going to expressly delete any further posts in this thread that do not contribute in some meaningful way.

Print