Poll

Who is your all-time favorite videogame character?

Mario
Luigi
Master Chief
Yoshi
DK
Link
Kirby
Lara Croft
Crash Bandicoot
Pac-Man
Pikachu
Mega Man
Sonic
Fox
Tails
Samus
Spyro
Bowser
Other
Print

Author Topic: Who's your all-time favorite videogame character?  (Read 39949 times)

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2010, 01:32:59 PM »
Luigi. Just...Luigi.

Though I suppose Yoshi would come in second. Yeah.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2010, 03:26:24 PM »
my favorite is protoman from the megaman series.  not so much beacuse of his game appearances but just beacuse Scott Mcneil did his voice in the 90's cartoon. and Hopefully everyone here is aware of his awsomeness  amirte?

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2010, 07:44:57 PM »
fox is the most bestest!
Guess who's back!!!

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2010, 01:04:21 AM »

Does this count as other?
Numions

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2010, 01:07:39 AM »
i just threw up in my mouth a little...
Guess who's back!!!

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2010, 01:14:21 AM »
You mean to tell me you've never seen Falco's original character model? Have you not played Star Fox on the SNES?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2010, 01:39:53 AM »
yes, i've played SF SNES, i own it, and also, its still ugly either way!
Guess who's back!!!

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2010, 01:41:43 AM »
Paper Luigi, he told me to put it on!
Numions

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2010, 01:42:34 AM »
*gets ****ed whenever someone puts a space in between his name

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2010, 01:45:16 AM »
Fine, PAPERLUIGI!
Numions

kirbyfan98

• trollerrific
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2010, 01:48:00 AM »
i dont think thats legal
(_8^(I)

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2010, 02:49:56 AM »
The original Star Fox models may look bad (see them here), but there's a certain charm to them now. They just somehow look right. I think it's because they're all staring into space, something about that seems noble or interesting. But Falco's in-game comm image in the SNES version was indeed ugly.
Took until Star Fox 64 before I preferred Falco over Fox, because I just needed to hear his voice.

You know, I never stop enough to think about how ridiculous some of these ragtag teams are. Yeah they're all friends and you get to care for (almost) all of them, but do you ever think about how weird and different they are from each other? Final Fantasy X had a guy who whined and ran slow, the cute girl who's holy and philosophical, a gothic magic user with a dress made out of belts (what the hell), a no-nonsense blue cat beast who never seems to be happy, some Jamaican-sounding dude who attacks with a blitzball, and the cool old guy who has a flowing red jacket and one working arm. And a mouth that's always obscured by a coat collar except at certain camera angles. It's like they thrive on individuality.

So the Star Fox team shouldn't look that strange because there's been plenty of varied, bizarre parties in games before. In particular I wonder how they chose the species of Fox's teammates, as they seem pretty random. I understand having a bird since they're up in the skies, I guess a hare would be for the "fast" aspect just like Fox is... but a toad? ...oh wait, tortoise and the hare, you need the ironic slow guy in the group. Okay, nevermind, the species aren't as random as I thought they would be.

Quote from: Fungi Forums
Warning - while you were typing 5 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Yeah, whatever.

EDIT:
yes, i've played SF SNES, i own it, and also, its still ugly either way!
Reminds me of one issue of Nintendo Power where a reader basically said "Star Fox looks ugly, don't show off the Super FX chip until the graphics look good!" I'm surprised there was a time when Nintendo allowed criticism. While the game does indeed look pretty bad, at least you have some idea of what each thing is. Also, there was someone who said the Nintendo Power comics sucked or were boring (the current comic at the time was the Star Fox comics I believe).
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 03:03:24 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2010, 09:37:07 AM »
ok, let me just clarify this. i love SF SNES, the graphix and all. i just hate the falco picture, only falco, no one else.
Guess who's back!!!

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2010, 02:19:40 PM »
has anyone here played any of the Spyro the dragon games?
Guess who's back!!!

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2010, 02:46:00 PM »
Turtlekid1 and The Chef love the Spyro games.

Print