Print

Author Topic: Post Your City Folk Pics Here!  (Read 9785 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« on: January 09, 2010, 10:39:31 PM »
Hey! Why isn't there one of these yet? Well, there is now. Why don't I start the fun?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 11:13:11 PM »
Its because the game is fun for awhile, but once you realize you're too poor for a wireless router and WiiSpeak, it gets pretty boring. But whatever.

The Gracie Set is awesome!
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 12:14:31 AM »
After neglecting it for a substantial period of time, turning the game back on only to face a plethora of weeds, cockroaches and dismayed neighbours is difficult to bear. Say, is it possible to miss seasonal/promotional  items permanently, or does Pete wait outside your door indefinitely until you come to claim them?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 12:30:35 AM »
I think Pete only gives you whatever promotional item is in when you talk to him.

Is getting pics from the SD card to the computer as complicated as getting Smash pics from the card to the computer? I know I've done it but ti's still a pain in the butt..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 02:33:30 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 05:59:08 PM »
Nice try, but we all know you can change your neighbors Catch Phrases.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 06:22:34 PM »
I prefer to make my neighbours say potty words, myself.

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 07:37:31 PM »
I love goofing off with the camera in City Folk!  Here are a few favorites my brother and I took...

CrossEyed7

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 07:40:40 PM »

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 12:57:19 PM »
TMK still needs shots of the Mario stuff, if anyone wants to help us out...

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 07:40:35 PM »
Are you needing them on the people, or just individual shots (or both)? I can get those in just a bit..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 11:06:07 PM »
For clothing, I'd prefer that to be on the people. But you can take some shots of it sitting in a room or whatever too if you feel like it. I'm also wondering if the arcade machine is the same as in the DS game...

I just updated the Wild World page if you want to check out some example screenshots.

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 02:22:27 AM »
There are 34 shots, which I will spread out over 3 posts. If an item had an action associated with it, I tried to catch it in action.

Here we go!..

Mushroom Mural

Block Flooring

Brick Block

Coin (Interact with it and it makes the coin collection sound)

Flagpole 1 (the top!)

Flagpole 2 (the bottom!)

Flagpole action 1 (Interact and the flag slides down along with the "Flagpole" noise)

Flagpole Action 2

Fire Flower (Interacting gets you the "Fireball" noise)

Super Mushroom (interacting gets you the "Powering up" noise)

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 02:35:22 AM »

Koopa Shell (interacting gets the kick a shell noise. I changed the background because the white edge of the shell would have been hard to see)

Starman (interacting turns the "Invincible" music on/off, and it flashes between several colors. It should be noted that this item will restart the music when you leave the room and come back. Color changing never stops though)

1-Up Mushroom (interacting gets the 1-Up jingle, and a 1-Up appears over the mushroom)

1-Up Mushroom in action

?-Block (interacting gets the "powerup appears" noise)

Green Pipe (interacting gets the "going down a pipe" noise. The Piarhna Plant in the pipe never stops moving)

Fire Bar (interacting turns the "Dungeon" music on/off, and it never stops spinning. It should be noted that this item will restart the music when you leave the room and come back.)

Cannon (interacting gets the "cannon fire" noise, and a Bullet Bill is shot out of the white edged side.)

Cannon in action

Banana

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 02:47:36 AM »

Triple Shells (you can't interact, but they do revolve around a central spot)

Yoshi Egg (inetracting gets you a weird jumping noise and a Yoshi voice saying "Yoshi!" The egg itself jumps around too)

Yoshi Egg in action

Kart (sadly does nothing, though it does look cool)

Lil Bro's Hat, Big Bro's Mustache, Lil Bro's Shirt

Wario Hat, Bad Bro Stache, generic design

Toad Hat (and a little pro design I made ^_^)

Toad Shirt (though the colors are reversed..)

Peach's Parasol (works like any other umbrella item)

Toad Parasol (see above)

SMB3 Paper (I know Nook would have displayed it better, but he wasn't open at the time..)

Now for a couple of fun shots. :D

Dr. Mario! (Big Bro Mustache, Dr's Coat)

Wario Ware Wario (sorta.. Pilot's Cap, Bad Bro Stache, Pleather Vest)

EDIT: I fixed the second Yoshi Egg pic. I accidentaly posted the first pic twice.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 01:31:38 AM by Toad »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 07:15:38 AM »
Those items are awesome.  Just about every Mario item from the original Animal Crossing has been improved on, and there are several neat new ones.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 08:56:00 AM »
Nice! Thanks Toad.

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2010, 09:24:23 AM »
Irony: I forgot to take a picture of the Mario outfit. That one will come later.

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2010, 11:52:24 AM »
A few more fun ones...

He's talking about the 'walking leaf' bug.

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 06:03:06 PM »
Just a few more: the Mario outfit I missed, plus all the furniture items together..

Big Bro's Hat, Big Bro's Mustache, Big Bro's Shirt

The arcade machine (Luigi and Mario in a fighting game. The cabinent plays music, much like the Starman and Fire Bar do..)

All the Mario items! (I crammed them all together for this. Items on the right side are normally against the wall, or closer to it)

It usually looks more like this.

I was thinking of moving the cannon down to the right corner.

Here's the left side of the room! (I used my basement, as it seemed like the biggest room after all the upgrades)

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 06:17:10 PM »

To make real Toad pattern, go to the Ables' and make a Pro design. The one in the picture is the front. To make the back, just turn the tan colored section above blue. For the sleeves, those should be just solid tan.

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 06:38:54 PM »
Not that it matters, but Toad's vest actually has a yellow trim:

What I'm saying is that somebody should make an Animal Crossing pattern topic ASAP.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 06:41:49 PM »
It has yellow trim now. It didn't used to though.
That was a joke.

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2010, 06:48:41 PM »
I tried to make it with the yellow trim, but yellow and tan don't blend so well on the pattern, so I just left it off.

I prefer the old style anyway. :)

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2010, 07:01:26 PM »
What I'm saying is that somebody should make an Animal Crossing pattern topic ASAP.

I agree! I play ACCF a lot, and I am not good at making patterns from scratch.
I don't see why we can't have links or images in this.

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2010, 03:11:11 PM »
Let's not forget about the Mario-themed patterns that can be found in the game.

You can get the '? Block' pattern by giving Wendell a red turnip and the 'brick' pattern by giving him a white turnip.

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2010, 03:18:02 PM »
Awesome! I was unaware of those! Now if only Wendell would visit my town more often..

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2010, 03:22:56 PM »
Of course, that wouldn't be an issue if someone were to post the patterns in the appropriate thread...

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2010, 01:28:05 AM »

Pinball machine (interact with the front and the machine will make typical pinball noises)

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2010, 12:23:27 PM »
Awesome! I was unaware of those! Now if only Wendell would visit my town more often..

Of course, that wouldn't be an issue if someone were to post the patterns in the appropriate thread...

Sorry to double post, but guess what starving artist visited my town today!? Sadly, Joan didn't have any Red Turnip seeds, but I bought 10 turnips extra just for this! I have a brick!

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2010, 12:51:35 PM »
Question: Is there any way to obtain missed DLC items? Having not touched AC:CF for nearly seven months, I've missed...

I could get all of those for you Weegee, but you have to play online in order for me to get them to you.
I don't see why we can't have links or images in this.

Print