Print

Author Topic: Wii2 in Nintendo Power: Rumors and Conjecture  (Read 2390 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: February 14, 2010, 10:29:45 AM »
Notice Wii2 on a Wii controller in the latest Nintendo Power.

Here's the official explanation:
"Someone (it may have been me, I don't remember) gathered a bunch of Nintendo-related images from wherever we could find them (such as the web) since we didn't have access to Nintendo's press site at that point, and I think we took the "Wii 2" one without noticing it had been altered. It was forgotten and left on our server, where it later got mixed in with our library of real assets once we started doing the magazine." - Nintendo Power's Chris Slate

The silicone covers were announced in October 2007.  As of issue #240 (April 2009) Future took over Nintendo Power.  So, why the Wii2 image with the silicone cover?  It's likely just a mistake like Chris Slate said, but compare it to these images: 

The Nintendo Power image seems to be the same as the third one above, but with the number from the 2 button copied.  Problem solved.  Maybe. 

While there have been rumors that Nintendo would be making a major announcement about a new system at the Media Summit on Feb. 24, it's likely that this will just be more info on the big screened DS, a firm date for games like SMG2, or some other new game.  Could even be something about the heart rate monitor or another peripheral.  Besides, if Nintendo was going to release a Wii2, why would they make it's controllers look just like the current model and even use the same stock image?  On the other hand, maybe this is well planned hype generation.

Discuss.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 04:33:53 PM »
Lynx for those interested:
http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=114272
http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=114287

It's good to know that Nintendo Power gets its stock images from reliable sources, huh?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 04:53:37 PM »
It's pretty cool how he got his hands in the exact same position after putting on the wrist strap

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 05:18:29 PM »
He didn't attend Hand Modelling University for nothing, you know.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 06:41:42 PM »
Come on, someone make a joke about the former Okami for Wii cover. You know you want to.

I probably wouldn't have noticed that Wii^2 thing unless it was part of a Nintendo Power story about an upcoming system called the Wii^2. Doesn't matter since I don't subscribe to it anymore.
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 07:33:56 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen: The editing process at Nintendo Power.

Come on, someone make a joke about the former Okami for Wii cover. You know you want to.
Unofficial Nintendo magazine accidentally using a photoshopped picture versus videogame company using a watermarked image for the cover of their own product? No, I don't really want to, actually.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print