Print

Author Topic: Why don't any of you people have A Boy and His Blob  (Read 5854 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: April 01, 2010, 04:10:00 AM »
Seriously why?

It's twenty dollars in-store. It's beautiful. It's fun. It's touching. It's got eighty levels. It has excellent music start to finish. It has no waggle. It has a button dedicated to hugging the Blob. It could be the Wii game you've all been whining for, and yet

none of you have it.

The second-best Wii game of 2009. Second to Punch-Out!!.

Go buy it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 10:03:16 AM »
I borrowed it from a friend. It was okay, but not worth me finishing it. Music was so good though.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 11:09:30 AM »
The second-best Wii game of 2009.

Back of the line, little boy.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 11:13:38 AM »
Don't forget Mad World.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 11:47:25 AM »

(Came out in October in Japan.)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 11:54:39 AM »

"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 12:24:17 PM »
You heard me, Mr. Mainstream. The game about jellybeans is better than both.

I admit that I played none of the other ones, but I'm not folding. I bet I'd still think the way I do if I had.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 12:28:30 PM by BP »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 03:19:04 PM »
Why don't any of you people have A Boy and His Blob
* Luigison is not people
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 06:33:11 PM »
Have we been whining for Wii games? Would Bird Person even know if we had been?

I haven't played A Boy and His Blob, but I will comment on the giant boxarts everyone threw up here.

Wiggles wins because House of the Dead: Overkill was indeed the best Wii game of 2009. Little King's Story is excellent too. Muramasa: The Demon Blade I have no clue, but I do know that I did not like Odin Sphere.

Has Warp even somehow played Sin and Punishment: Star Successor? Does Warp even have a Wii? Are his opinions thus at all valid?

Metroid Prime Trilogy can not count; it's just old games. They are great but not 2009. I will support the fact that there's no way A Boy and His Blob can be better than 4-player New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

I will try Blob, for Bird's sake. I'm writing it right here on my list of games to catch up on when I finally get around to sending my Wii in to get the massively loud screaming of the disc drive fixed.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 07:29:30 PM »
Has Warp even somehow played Sin and Punishment: Star Successor? Does Warp even have a Wii? Are his opinions thus at all valid?
I haven't played A Boy and His Blob ... there's no way A Boy and His Blob can be better than 4-player New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Calling someone out for something and then making a similar claim yourself is poor form. No, I haven't played Sin and Punishment 2, nor do I own a Wii (or intend to play the game or own a Wii any time soon). But all I did was post a piece of box art. I never actually made any claims about the game itself.

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 07:33:44 PM »
At least I had played one of the games I was talking about, as opposed to none.

But all I did was post a piece of box art. I never actually made any claims about the game itself.

Oh, I forgot Paper. Dude, have you played MadWorld? It's quite quite possible that Blob is far superior.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 12:59:49 PM »
I think it's a combination of apathy, lack of money, and the fact that I don't really have time to play videogames anymore. And possibly people like you beating me over the head with the same five or six Wii games I MUST LIKE.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 02:48:25 PM »
I have a Boy and His Blob for NES, and I remember it being pretty suck.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 02:52:21 PM »
I have a Boy and His Blob for NES, and I remember it being pretty suck.

Nah, nah, **** that, son. NES BAHB was ill as [dukar] and don't you ever forget it.
every

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 04:46:12 PM »
Oh, I forgot Paper. Dude, have you played MadWorld? It's quite quite possible that Blob is far superior.

MadWorld was extremely fun, but the short single player mode and linearity really killed it. Its fun for a beat 'em up, but it lacks any replay value. It also doesn't help that the black/white art style is terrible for people using smaller screens.

Also, Muramasa is a bundle of fun. I'm not sure what your problem with Odin Sphere was, but Muramasa doesn't have too many RPG elements like OS did. If anything, I'd compare it to Donkey Kong Country 3's use of those kinds of elements. The homes and NPCs are part of the levels, and the level-ups are limited to the blades you meld. The game is also really fast, although the fight segments seem more crowded than fast-paced.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 05:18:38 PM by Mr. Wiggles »
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print