Print

Author Topic: Why don't any of you people have Valkyria Chronicles  (Read 2630 times)

« on: April 03, 2010, 12:36:10 AM »
Seriously why?

It's twenty dollars in-store. It's beautiful. It's fun. It's touching. It's got 24 levels. It has excellent music start to finish. It has no waggle. It has a button dedicated to aiming at the enemy's head. It could be the good Sega game you've all been whining for, and yet

none of you have it.

The second-best PS3 game of all time. Second to Uncharted.

Go buy it
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 01:07:00 AM »
I do have it and would take it over Uncharted any day. But neither are in the top 2 PS3 games, that's for sure.

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 01:09:22 AM »
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say Bayonetta and God of War III are among that elite group of PS3's best games?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 01:28:34 AM »
Exclusives-only: Flower, then yeah I guess God of War III.
Anything-goes: Flower, then Rock Band 2.

But yeah there's a buttload of stuff I'd take over Valkyria/Uncharted: Bayonetta, Heavy Rain, Demon's Souls, BioShock, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed II, and probably stuff I haven't gotten to yet like Darksiders and Just Cause 2.

They're still good games though! There's lots of great stuff to play on PS3 these days! (finally)

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 01:33:56 AM »
Durrrrr, CE7's post just made me realize why you had to call this the second-best game. I wouldn't have written all this stuff, sorry.
* Lizard Dude slow on the uptake

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 01:39:39 AM »
Maybe I'll still play this someday. After FFXIII is over, who knows what could happen?
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 06:48:41 AM »
Isn't this game one of those girly RPGs?

Haha, no offense, but I'll take a man's game over this any day, ma'am.
every

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 07:51:35 AM »
It's actually turn-based strategy, which is mostly what makes it so awesome. Except you manually control your dudes and move them in real time. It's hard to explain.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 09:53:27 AM »
Yeah, this game is awesome and was the reason I originally picked up a PS3.

I'm not sure which PS3 game I'd say is the best, but Valkyrie Chronicles is one of my favorites thus far.

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 01:37:20 AM »
Isn't this game one of those girly RPGs?

Haha, no offense, but I'll take a man's game over this any day, ma'am.

You're right, the game is totally girly. It's so girly the strongest character in the game is a country girl who can completely solo-run the game.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 09:48:17 AM »
OH HOLD UP NOW

I just remembered hearing about this a while back, and I thought it looked like the [dukar]. My bad guys, I won't judge a game by its screenshots ever again as long as I already previously liked it.
every

Print