Print

Author Topic: Marvel vs Capcom 3  (Read 26849 times)

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2011, 11:39:39 PM »
Lovin' this game so hard. My team hops around a bit but MODOK and Captain America are mainstays.

I also played 10 games with LD today, won 7 of them. I didn't have my headset so I couldn't hear what he was sayin', though. But I'm sure it was good.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2011, 04:08:10 AM »
I just finished playing some xbox with LD, he told me about how you spanked him.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2011, 04:26:54 AM »
Favorite two are Arthur and Viewtiful Joe, each of whom I use about twice as much as anyone else. Don't have a definite third but after Capcom demands fat stacks of cash for content that could've easily been on the disc offers Frank as DLC I will.

Not that I'll use them 100% of the time. Just, they'll be my first picks of the day and will each be used about one and a half times as much as Spider-Man, Deadpool, Thor, Tron Bonne, Akuma, bluh, muhm, bluh... You know how I got a mob of liked characters in Brawl? same basic thing here.

(I'm kinda surprised that Chuck can reportedly "spank" LD. Not to put down either of you, I'm just curious now--I only have a year of fighting experience that basically started with Tatsunoko, I can beat the Captain about half the time, the Captain can lay a beatdown on LD who presumably has way more experience?

I'll have to fight you a few times next time I go to Jim's place, Lizard.)
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2011, 04:49:26 AM »
Lizard Dude was mystified how MODOK hid behind some sort of shield and pummeled LD with random projectiles.

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2011, 02:04:23 PM »
DON'T MAKE FUN OF ME!

-------------------------

bobman has the extent of it. All my dudes kept getting killed by a mental organism designed only for killing. I need to look into what MODOK's moves are actually doing.

Though that applies to most characters; in our later matches, that was the first time I'd ever used most of those guys.

Besides my inexperience, Jim was doing some good stuff too. Good timing of hypers.

(Then there was the time I had a bunch of healthy dudes against his one Pheonix, until I killed it and it unleashed an unholy beatdown on everything, obliterating me in 1.7 seconds.)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2011, 02:21:49 PM »
My only experience with MvC3 so far is a bit of single-player, but it seems pretty great. My observations from maybe twenty minutes of play:
-Morrigan is an automatic main (as she has been in DarkStalkers, Night Warriors, Vampire Savior, Marvel vs. Capcom, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Super Gem Fighter: Mini Mix, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, Capcom vs. SNK 2, and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom), but the new aerial-forward and ground-to-air Soul Fists make her even better. I didn't get a chance to use Astral Vision, but I hear it's insanely good as well.
-My dad was laughing his head off at Deadpool. "BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG!"
-I didn't have enough time to see how retardedly good M.O.D.O.K. is myself, but he still seemed like he'd be fun.
-Hsien-Ko's way fun; as Jim said before, they kept pretty much her entire moveset, so she was easy to pick up and play. Guillotine Swing <3
-I didn't get to try Arthur, but if he's as much of a Touhou character as he's been made out to be, he'd probably be a perma-main as well.
-Surprisingly, I didn't have any problems with inputs on the Xbox 360 D-pad. Maybe it's because I've been using the Dreamcast D-pad (which, and you guys aren't going to believe this, makes even the 360 D-pad look good) and the GameCube D-pad (which is in no way suitable for fighting games) lately.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 02:23:54 PM by WarpRattler »

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2011, 02:27:04 AM »
I fought my first non-me MODOK online today!

(I was better.)
No! I don't want that!

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2011, 08:27:25 PM »
Went another few rounds with LD. I need to practice harder.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2011, 01:13:51 AM »
  • Discovered that Chun Li's taunt can hit people Luigi-style.
  • It's nice how the winning animation will wait until your taunt is complete.
  • Chris's prone move = online hilarity.
  • Opening 4 is still one of the best cutscenes in gaming history.
  • What is up with Doctor Doom's music. Seriously.

« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2011, 01:16:52 PM »
TIL Deadpool is voiced by Nolan North.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2011, 10:42:31 PM »
ULTIMATE MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3

With balance tweaks, new stages, new moves, and 12 new characters (all of which are known, but only 4 are supposed to be), UMvC3 looks like it's taking things to the next level.

New Characters Thus Far:

Capcom: Strider Hiryu (Strider), Firebrand (GnG, Gargoyle's Quest, Demon's Crest)

Marvel: Ghost Rider, Hawkeye.

They're doing that thing where you get different costumes based on where you preorder.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2011, 08:30:38 PM »
What is up with Doctor Doom's music. Seriously.
I still need this answered.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2011, 10:41:47 PM »
DOOM LISTENS TO WHAT HE PLEASES, AND ANSWERS TO NO ONE.
No! I don't want that!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2011, 10:54:41 PM »
We should call the update MvC3 and the original UMvC3, with the U standing for "Unfinished"

Ahaha but seriously folks, Doctor Strange and Frank West and Phoenix Wright. Welcome additions. Here's hoping that Kattelox Island With Snow isn't the only "new stage." Maybe Galactus will actually attempt to squash us like the bugs that we are, or something.

Hopefully they notice that the Viewtiful one has two special intro lines assigned to half the roster and will give him more varying dialogues?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2011, 11:10:08 PM »
I checked at work and to my surprise we actually had some Rocket Raccoon comics.

Print