Print

Author Topic: This is Vic Viper T-301, removing your excuse to not have played World of Goo.  (Read 6084 times)

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2010, 08:15:56 PM »
Computers have games?!
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 02:27:56 PM »
By the way, for anyone who's interested, the World of Goo soundtrack was released for free quite some time ago.

Also, the bundle here is only available for one more day, so if you want it, you'd better get on that soon.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2010, 08:41:56 PM »
BTW, I have WoG on three computers, my Wii, and gifted it to someone as well.  Besides, Warp's taste in games has near zero effect on my game purchasing decisions.  I typically buy games to my tastes.  Gifts excepted. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2010, 11:10:47 PM »
Wow, no one's thanked Warp for the six free games yet?
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2010, 11:38:09 PM »
Three out of four of the other people I gifted it to thanked me in various IRC channels.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2010, 06:43:24 AM »
Where are my manners?  Thanks, Warp.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2010, 07:51:48 AM »
Thanks for giving me a pack of games I can't beat because I saaaaawk
No! I don't want that!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 06:01:47 PM »
So I got around to playing Gish and it ****ing suuuuuucks this game sucks butt hole up the butt and I hate it hate it hate it. It's hard as [dukar]. Talk about modern games being too soft all you want, but finite lives and continues is [dukar] no one likes to put up with anymore, especially when you get stuck in between two objects as a result of the physics system and have to restart. I am going to find whoever made this game and [dukar] down his chimney.
every

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2010, 06:38:56 PM »
Glorb, have you ever played a pre-5th gen game?

Those problems were incredibly common back in the day and most of us dealt with it.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2010, 11:31:17 PM »
Yes, I have. But, call me crazy, I see games as games, not chores to slog through or feats to overcome, and always have. Fun > difficulty, and satisfaction > bragging rights. I've played through many a hard game in my day and generally enjoyed it, because that was how things were done. When you jumped, you always jumped the same height as you did the last time you jumped, and when an enemy hit you you got knocked back the same number of pixels. These days when games have too many physics-related variables and such, rigid lives-and-continues systems just don't fit. Especially in a game about physics.
every

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2010, 10:25:01 AM »
Glorb makes me think of Cranky Kong for some reason.. My beard would have been 32 games, and they would have been good games too!

and, to stay closer to topic, I downloaded the World of Goo soundtrack (and have played the game). It's awesome.

* Toad listens to the music from the third level.
(I think it's the third level. The first one where the Time Bugs are introduced..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2010, 06:00:52 PM »
WoG didn't work on my initial test on my school computer's Wii Smoothboard due to the fact that the smoothboard calibrates to the projected resolution, but WoG changes that.  I'll can probably change the desktop resolution to fix it, but in the mean time we played Crayon Physics instead. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print