Print

Author Topic: The Valve Surprise  (Read 11859 times)

« on: June 07, 2010, 08:12:10 PM »
As you may know, Valve cancelled their E3 Portal 2 event to replace it with a "surprise". What will it be?

I hope beyond hope that it will be the announcement of L4D3, to be released this holiday season, just to see the L4D2 rage eclipsed thousandfold.

Gabe Newell has stated it is not Ep. 3.

My true guesses: L4D DLC or reveal of a new "Meet the..." vid.

Possibility: new IP?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 08:22:50 PM »
There's a very slim chance it could be Steam on Linux.

Maaaaybe it'll be something Portal 2-related that they haven't announced yet, and them canceling the event was a trick.

Or maybe Gabe saying it isn't Episode Three is only partially true, and it'll be something else along with that.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 09:27:43 PM »
New Valve Game Involving All Valve Properties
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 11:54:37 PM »
They're skipping Portal 2 and going straight to Portal 3. Either that, or

Opposing Force/Blue Shift Part 2
Part 3, 4, and 5 of the Left 4 Dead Trilogy
Team Fortress 3
L4D 1 DLC (jk, jk)
every

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 08:04:05 AM »
Even though the images were fake, I still want Duke Nukem Forever.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 10:27:34 AM »
What does that have to do with Valve?
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 11:03:17 AM »
It would be a hell of a surprise.
every

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 02:15:09 PM »
It was such a shame when we did see some footage of Duke Nukem Forever after it was cancelled, because it actually looked interesting. Stuff I hadn't really seen before (but then, I haven't played the earlier games in the series, so I don't know if Duke flipped off his enemies in the past).

Anyway, maybe it's Freeman Sports, showing us that sports can be fun without having Mario in them. With the SMOD mod thrown in for good measure.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 02:17:56 PM »
I bet they've made a real portal-making machine and will use it to enter the stage, and then announce that one will be bundled with each copy of Portal 2.

Then they'll start making portals underneath everyone's seats, sending them all over the convention.

I don't really have any new ideas other than those already posted, so out of the ones in this thread, I'd most like to see a new Meet The vid and/or a new Valve game with all Valve properties.

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 04:12:58 PM »
Maybe it will be Meet the Announcer.
You didn't say wot wot.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 10:57:34 AM »
I'm in a pretty 50/50 split between hoping for a new IP, or something so big in the Engineer update they need to show it at E3 (octopus gun!!!).
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 02:26:24 PM »
I haven't been following Valve, but Portal 2 in 3D with Natal/Move controls? 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 02:28:19 PM »
Even if it isn't Episode 3, it might have something to do with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E18puHiU69Y
every

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 02:51:35 PM »
VALVE ANNOUNCES MAKING GAMES IS HARD

June 9, 2010 — Aperture Science, doing business as Aperture Laboratories LLC, in partnership with Valve today announced the successful completion of an ethics-review-panel-supervised release date restructuring process. Portal 2, the sequel to the ground-breaking title that earned over 30 Game of the Year awards despite missing its original ship date, is now targeted for a 2011 release.

Representatives from both companies acknowledged that public safety concerns factored into the decision. They went on to say that even though Portal 2 will arrive slightly later than planned, all life on earth won’t instantaneously stop as every molecule in your body explodes at the speed of light, which is what would happen should a rip ever appear in the fabric of Valve Time.

“Also, the game will be even better,” they added, missing an historic opportunity to create the first product delay press release to mention that a product is being delayed to make it worse.

To ask questions about how close we all came to dying, or to ask futile questions about the previously announced E3 ***PORTAL-2-THEMED-FOR-GOD’S SAKE*** surprise or, less futilely, to schedule an appointment to attend a Portal 2 screening at the Valve booth during E3, please contact Valve’s delegate to the EU’s Valve Time Studies Group, Doug Lombardi.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 03:08:38 PM by Lizard Dude »

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 02:55:49 PM »
instantaneously stop as every molecule in your body explodes at the speed of light

:D
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print