Print

Author Topic: E3 2010  (Read 25047 times)

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2010, 04:08:54 PM »
The graphics practically pop out at you from 1:07 to 1:15.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2010, 04:25:20 PM »
Did anyone save the OoT screenshots? Nintendo just took them down apparently.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2010, 04:38:03 PM »
That YouTube vid in NO WAY shows the actual 3D. The camera, nor YouTube, nor your monitor have the neccessary tech. All you can see is the camera-based motion tracking when you tilt the system around, exactly like this and this.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2010, 05:39:34 PM »
Why Is Everyone So Excited, The People Who Made These Franchises Great Have NOTHING To Do With These New Ones: 1st) GoldenEye   Runner-up) Donkey Kong Country (at least Retro is trustworthy)

It should be noted that I am not excited for GoldenEye. It looks nothing like the original. It even lacks Pierce Brosnan.

I am however veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery excited for DKC Returns. It looks almost EXACTLY like what a new DKC should look like.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2010, 05:40:38 PM »
this.
Johnny Lee!  The man inspired me.  I should break off and mail him part of my Technology Innovation Award.  Also, checkout http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iV0Icy41JM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2010, 05:48:58 PM »
I bet the Sly Collection on PS3...got Turtle all excited.
Yes.  Yes it did.  That other thing not so much since:

1. It's a crossover.
2. It's a crossover with motion control.

I'm guessing it'll just be a collection of minigames and stuff on the order of Nicktoons Movin', which used the EyeToy (and sucked).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j16Wd_fIAKE - I hate Squeenix.  I really hate Squeenix.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwrHV43RR64 - I'm not sure whether I like this new style or not, but it can't possibly be worse than the Rabbids.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 06:12:28 PM by Turtlekid1 »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2010, 06:20:58 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j16Wd_fIAKE - I hate Squeenix.  I really hate Squeenix.
Me too. I will never get my life back spent watching that horrific abomination of a trailer.

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2010, 06:33:34 PM »
Second-Best Five Minutes of E3: Rod Humble (5:39-10:54)

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2010, 06:43:22 PM »
The only game at e3 that I'm excited for is the Donkey Kong game. I just hope they don't ruin it with ridiculous motion controls like so many games do.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2010, 07:02:29 PM »
Second-Best Five Minutes of E3: Rod Humble (5:39-10:54)
Awesome!  Cool entry, perfect delivery, and real science.  Can't get much better than that.  This makes Kevin Butler look like a used car salesman. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2010, 07:07:10 PM »
Me too. I will never get my life back spent watching that horrific abomination of a trailer.
See, it has Leonard Nimoy in it.  So I can't dislike it.  On the other hand, Willa Holland is a terrible voice actor if that trailer is any indication.

It's not the fact that the trailer itself is good; it's more of a reminder of Squeenix's stupid, stupid decision to release a PSP-only KH title that's an entirely different game than their DS-only title.  It's the same mentality that's keeping the Final Mix editions in Japan and I hate Squeenix for it.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2010, 07:14:15 PM »
Leonard Nimoy o_o
Wait, what? Is Turtlekid saying that exclusives are bad?
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2010, 07:20:50 PM »
Only when I don't have the system in question the exclusive is part of a franchise that has never been released on the system in question, but has been on a rival company's system.  I have the same problem with 358/2 Days being a DS exclusive and feel sorry for the PSP owners who won't get a chance to play it.  But as far as I can tell, Birth by Sleep is shaping up to be rather superior to Days, so I don't feel as sorry for PSP users.

I'm really hoping that this will get the PS2 port treatment like Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier did.

...so, uh, how about that other trailer I linked to?  The one with Rayman in it, but no Rabbids?

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2010, 07:23:11 PM »
You will get a PSP someday, if you really want one.

This makes Kevin Butler look like a used car salesman.  
I like my two "bests" for very different reasons. Kevin Butler's bit was the bombastic spirit of E3 personified into a human avatar. Rod Humble, on the other hand, gave a solemn lecture about free will in the middle of an EA conference, immediately following a Madden spiel with Joe Montana. So awesome. I love the applause at the end.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2010, 07:31:12 PM »
Alright I'll bite. The KH:BbS trailer was surprisingly not horrendous. I like how Master Xehanort is not a bishie, and I think the new cast somehow makes it more bearable.

Print