Print

Author Topic: Rock Band 3  (Read 6038 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 10:27:26 PM »
I didn't say it's not fun solo. Most of my exposure to either series is through solo play in the pre-Neversoft Guitar Hero games, and that was all quite fun. But my experiences with Rock Band have been far more fun.

Also, my brain was adding a fifth instrument for some reason.

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 11:06:55 PM »
Confirmed songs:

Metric, “Combat Baby”
Rilo Kiley, “Portions of Foxes”
Them Crooked Vultures, “Dead End Friends”
The Vines, “Get Free”
The White Stripes, “The Hardest Button to Button”
Phoenix, “Lasso”
Ida Maria, “Oh My God”
Juanes, “Me Enamora”
Jane’s Addiction, “Been Caught Stealing”
Smash Mouth, “Walkin’ on the Sun”
Spacehog, “In the Meantime”
Stone Temple Pilots, “Plush”
Dio, “Rainbow in the Dark”
Huey Lewis and the News, “The Power of Love”
Joan Jett, “I Love Rock and Roll”
Night Ranger, “Sister Christian”
Whitesnake, “Here I Go Again”
The Cure, “Just Like Heaven”
Ozzy Osbourne, “Crazy Train”
Queen, “Bohemian Rhapsody”
Jimi Hendrix, “Crosstown Traffic”
The Doors, “Break On Through”

I initially missed the detail that there's Pro difficulty for drumming too. Actual differentiation for the cymbals, as opposed to now where the cymbals and toms are equivalent except during fills.

Game journalist/guitarist quote regarding Pro guitar UI: "like trying to read tab notation on a piano roll going a hundred miles an hour." Since you're playing the 100% real guitar part, you'll of course have to learn the song legit, with the scrolling UI as just a reminder.

So where's Pro bass? I'd rather mess around with that first both for simplicity and since I already have a couple years of RL bass under my belt.

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 11:14:37 PM »
I can already see the achievements now:

The Real Deal - 10G
"Gold Star a song with seven band members on Pro difficulty."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 05:15:14 PM »
Never heard of it
Never heard of it
HELL YEAH TCV ROCK ON \m/
Never heard of it
Pretty cool
Never heard of it
Never heard of it
Never heard of it
HELL YEAH JANES ADDICTION ROCK ON \m/
Pretty cool
Never heard of it
Pretty cool
Very cool, and R.I.P. Dio
Meh.
Pretty cool, and it's about [darn] time, this song was in GH1
HELL YEAH SISTER CHRISTIAN TURN IT UP \m/
HELL YEAH^2 WHITESNAKE THIS IS LIKE MY THEME SONG \m/
Never heard of it
Meh.
I've heard this song so many times it's a meh.
Sweet, they finally got some Jimi in there!
Sweet, they finally got some Doors in there!
every

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 06:25:03 PM »
Huey Lewis and the News, “The Power of Love”
Joan Jett, “I Love Rock and Roll”
Ozzy Osbourne, “Crazy Train”
Queen, “Bohemian Rhapsody”
Jimi Hendrix, “Crosstown Traffic”
The Doors, “Break On Through”

The only ones I know or like.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 06:33:48 PM »
A big part of RB (for me) is learning cool new songs.
Glorbnote: There have been many Jimi songs in both GH and RB.

Keyboard parts are pitch-accurate i.e., if the note playing in the song is a G# the chart will have you pressing G#. This was not true in Keyboardmania.

Pro isn't a difficulty above Expert, but a mode with its own Easy–Expert difficulties.

There is Pro Bass, but still seemingly no announced bass controller.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2010, 09:26:56 AM »
How are these fancy pro controllers work? I want to know if I can just use my existing instruments with some sort of attachment or what. Because that'd be freaking sweet.

Edit: Never mind. It's got buttons. And I'm assuming that you can play pro bass on the pro guitar.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 09:31:59 AM by SolidShroom »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2010, 07:17:33 PM »
I thought maybe they'd actually use something cool like MIDI guitar or something.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2010, 07:43:53 PM »
Wait, I missed something. What's this about Pro controllers?
every

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2010, 10:33:38 AM »
Solid, Chup: You tards, there are TWO different Pro guitars. The cheaper one has six little strings just on the body with 102 buttons for frets. There is also a FULLY REAL GUITAR controller.

The button guitar is definitely a MIDI controller; not sure about the FULLY REAL GUITAR. For the other instruments, you can use ANY MIDI keyboard or drumset with the RB3 MIDI Pro Adapter Box.

Glorbnote:
  • Pro Drums supports three expansion cymbals, with gameplay differentiation between toms and cymbals.
  • Pro Keys features pitch-accurate keyboard performance across a two-octave range, displayed on an easy-to-read keyboard track.
  • Pro Guitar features notated guitar and bass performances, available for play with either the new Fender Mustang PRO-Guitar simulated guitar controller from Mad Catz or the Rock Band 3 Squier by Fender Stratocaster Guitar real guitar/controller hybrid. The Rock Band 3  Squier Stratocaster is a fully functional, full-sized, six-string electric guitar that also functions as a game controller that Fender and Harmonix have teamed up to develop.

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2010, 01:30:42 PM »
Maybe instead of Rock Band Stage Lights they'll be selling Rock Band amps (a good idea).

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2010, 01:32:06 PM »
Harmonix wasn't content with real guitars, real keyboard, real drums, and real singing.

Now it's time for real dancing:

http://www.dancecentral.com/

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2010, 02:37:37 PM »
Jesus, this was what I was talking about. We don't need to bridge the gap between playing songs on a video game and playing real music. People need to cross that gap for themselves. Music isn't something you need to be edged into, one expensive baby step at a time, by progressively more complicated video game releases. Either you dive in and devote yourself to it, or stick to fun, non-creative button-hitting. I don't want to sound like an elitist, especially considering I don't play an actual instrument myself (it's all sampling and beats for me), but I feel that if you're interested in playing an instrument, you'll play it. If you need a big complicated video game centered around matching colored lights to a song to convince you to play an instrument, you're rich enough to have already bought a real instrument, and thus, are not destined to play it.
every

Print