Print

Author Topic: Paper Mario 3DS images  (Read 49671 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2012, 01:41:29 AM »
Check out this video (if you haven't already): http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=_pSkacyGOmE&NR=1
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2012, 06:25:03 AM »
"I'll get into that later." EVERYBODY DRINK!

Anyway, it's looking really cool, and I'm definitely excited. I'm thinking this will be the most "self-aware" Paper Mario game ever?
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2012, 08:32:50 AM »
I would be OK with a Paper Mario where all the jokes are 4th Wall jokes.

« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2012, 10:40:06 AM »
Those attack animations are priceless.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2012, 11:03:16 AM »
eh... I'm not really feeling this one. with each Paper Mario game they rely more and more on the fact that Mario is made out of paper and has crazy dimension-bending powers. I think that's silly. The first Paper Mario is one of my favorite videogames of all time but they keep moving further and further from what made it great.

the first Mario & Luigi game was great, too, but that series just keeps going further and further into absurd science fiction.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2012, 10:09:02 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PajANsDEokI" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PajANsDEokI</a>

Take a shot every time Nate says "sticker"
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #111 on: October 26, 2012, 01:17:59 AM »
Good thing I was taking shots of water, or I'd have been drunk 30 seconds in.

Edit: Goat. GOAT.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 01:24:29 AM by BriGuy92 »
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2012, 06:23:45 PM »
17 shots? Not too bad.

« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2012, 02:43:29 AM »
On the last level of World 2. So far, I'd rate it below the first two PMs, but above SPM.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 03:04:37 AM by Weegee »

« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2012, 04:06:03 PM »
They used music from Super Mario Land 2... I love this game. Still, I'm stuck in world 2.

I can't get on the Yoshi sphinx's tongue. I'm desperately trying to figure everything out on my own. It's been... okay. It's really not as tricky as some reviews have apparently made it out to be.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2012, 05:22:24 PM »
I'm not ashamed of resorting to the guidebook on numerous occasions. The lack of guidance in the form of useful tips from Kersti and townsfolk is atrocious by PM standards. The trick to World 2's boss seems obvious once you've figured it out, but it requires you to think in a rather obtuse way.

Anyone else find it odd that every Toad in Decalburg has the appearance of an adult male?

« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2012, 08:24:54 PM »
Kersti definitely isn't as helpful as she could be. "We need to do this, but I don't know how!" only takes you so far sometimes. Just passed through the World 2 finale; I laughed when I saw the boss stage.

World 4 is a crazy jump in difficulty, if you ask me. The Cheep Cheep boss at the docks is fairly easy with the right (and of course, fairly obvious) tool.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2012, 08:44:30 PM »
I haven't found World 4 that difficult, though I'm only on the third stage.

Still not sure what to think of the goat scene.

« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2012, 06:26:31 PM »
Five worlds in, my verdict on Sticker Star is that it feels incomplete. The hub is populated by identical, nameless Toads who have little of interest to say. This, in tandem with the infrequency of Kersti's interjections and the omission of partners, adds up to a feeling of emptiness by Mario RPG standards. Even the more platforming-oriented Super Paper Mario features more character interaction.

I don't understand Nintendo's recent insistence on dividing Mario locations into linear stages, as also seen in SPM and SM3DL. The gaming community let out a collective groan upon seeing "level complete" fanfare in an early trailer. Maybe it leaves less room for design error or disguises the fact that the game doesn't really have any characters. Whatever the case, it's a cop-out, and nobody appreciates it.

All that said, the basics of a decent game are all present. Just don't expect it to be another TTYD.

« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2012, 07:15:32 PM »
I don't think it's as bad for 3DL and SPM since the point of those games was to pay tribute to the classic Mario games. In this though, it just seems unfitting.
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

Print