Print

Author Topic: Kid Icarus Uprising  (Read 2888 times)

« on: June 16, 2010, 02:51:14 PM »
(I don't know how to do that fancy thing where you copy the images, but here's the press release copy/paste..)

Features:

Kid Icarus: Uprising is a fast-paced and action-packed blend of aerial and ground-based shooting built on elegantly intuitive and streamlined play control. Boasting game play that is easy to pick up but incredibly deep, the game is sure to satisfy novice gamers as well as fans who have been clamoring for a new installment in the franchise.

The hero, Pit, teams up with Palutena, the goddess of light, who bestows on him the miracle of flight for limited stretches. With this gift, Pit soars through skies, shooting down swarms of enemies along the way, before finally setting down and engaging in frantic ground-based battles against Medusa's underworld army.

Kid Icarus was originally released for the Nintendo Entertainment System™ in 1987, and gamers have been clamoring for a new game in the series for years. Kid Icarus: Uprising is the first installment in 20 years and brings the popular Pit character to life in an action-packed game.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 02:59:28 PM »
Will these from e3.nintendo.com do?

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 03:04:53 PM »
They will. Thank you! :)

Also, wasn't Kid Icarus originally released in 1986? Or did it come later to Japan and they are going by the Japanese release date..?

I am super excited for this game. It's almost a pity it's for the 3DS. It means I'll likely have to wait longer to play it.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 03:05:17 PM »
When I first saw the trailer for that, I thought "Cool! But why are the graphics so bad?"

Then I realized it was a 3DS, not Wii game:

"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 03:08:52 PM »
Or would you prefer some (stolen*) edits:

*Credit to jarosh for the above.  And here's a gif from Kayhan:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 03:12:20 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 03:13:57 PM »
I'm not seeing a gif... and "edits"? You mean ones without a superfluous second screen?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 03:15:48 PM »
The gif should work now.  I missed up the code before the original post.  Yes, edited to remove the bottom screen and converted to jpg.  Edit:  I checked on my Linux box and the gif shows up, but looks too pixelated.  Edit 2:  Actually all the images look pixelated on this machine compared to my Windows machine, but that's probably because of the cheap monitor and onboard video whereas the Windows machine has a HD video card and expensive Samsung monitors. 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 03:22:15 PM by Luigison »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 03:19:05 PM »
Ooh, very nice.

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 03:30:56 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 03:37:32 PM »
I did not.  Notice the credit in my above post.  I use png for everything possible. 

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 04:01:29 PM »
Niiiiicccceeee! *thumbs up*

Those pictures of Palutena and Medusa about the third row from the bottom would work well in a good vs evil, side by side kinda picture.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 04:31:52 PM »
Or about ten pages of 18+ Deviations.

Print