Print

Author Topic: Free Bejeweled 2  (Read 5819 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« on: October 10, 2010, 12:53:47 PM »
PopCap Games is giving away Bejeweled 2 until 10PM PDT tonight. Go go go!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 02:35:16 PM »
Awesome.  Thanks for the tip.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 01:15:12 PM »
I wonder how much he's going to ***** about this free game!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 01:20:12 PM »
Probably not a whole lot, considering it doesn't have undeserved hype and insane system requirements.  Also it actually has a soundtrack beyond one song at the credits.

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 01:22:35 PM »
He's also going to go ballistic when he finds out it doesn't let him also play Plants vs. Zombies for free,

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 10:46:47 PM »
"insane system requirements" -- The Source engine is ancient in gaming terms. It's been updated as new games come out, but Portal has low system requirements compared to its peers. Especially considering you played it two years after release. This statement, along with your remarks in Pointless Topic about trouble with keyboard+mouse controls, demonstrate your massive ignorance toward gaming and why your opinions on Portal are highly worthless.

"soundtrack beyond one song at the credits" -- Again, if you think Still Alive is the only music in Portal it demonstrates extreme ignorance toward actual content of the game. Portal has an evocative soundscape throughout.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. When people say this, they often ignore the important fact that there is such a thing as educated opinions.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 10:48:40 PM »
Some of us are still using our computers that we got from 2002.

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 11:04:17 PM »
Good for you, but you have no business bashing a videogame from 2008 for not working on it. Do you and Turtlekid1 ram PS3 discs into your GameCubes and wail with futile rage when it doesn't work?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 11:14:26 PM »
Or one from 2007, for that matter.

(For the record, there are netbooks now that can run Portal. And every Source-engine game before Left 4 Dead runs just fine on my crappy Compaq Presario from 2005.)

(Also, Bejeweled 2 actually does have a decent soundtrack.)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 11:24:48 PM »
I've never said anything bad about portal. (although I guess that doesn't really matter at this point now)

And consoles are nice since the games made for them take into account the system's capabilites.

Sorry that I haven't joined the congregation of the master race yet.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 11:28:49 PM »
Games made for computers take into account the capabilities of computers built by people who take games into account!
It's just like buying a new console every 5 years. You can't expect a new game to work well on a 10 year old computer. Just because no one releases something called Computer 2 doesn't mean you get to complain about not paying attention to these things.
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 12:10:58 AM »
This is exactly why I hate PC gaming.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2010, 12:39:03 AM »
This is the best thread about Bejeweled 2 ever.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 04:30:36 AM »
Bejeweled 2? I thought this thread was about how Turtlekid sucks.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010, 07:28:00 AM »
"soundtrack beyond one song at the credits" -- Again, if you think Still Alive is the only music in Portal it demonstrates extreme ignorance toward actual content of the game. Portal has an evocative soundscape throughout.
Soundscape doesn't cut it.  I demand palpable melodies, not just vague ambient sounds.  Metroid Prime did it right, and struck a balance.

Good for you, but you have no business bashing a videogame from 2008 for not working on it. Do you and Turtlekid1 ram PS3 discs into your GameCubes and wail with futile rage when it doesn't work?
No, because PS3 games were never advertised to work in GameCubes, whereas my computer technically meets (and in some cases, exceeds) the system requirements for Portal.  Yet even with the lowest graphics settings possible, the lag makes it nigh-unplayable.  Either those aren't the real system requirements for the game or most PC gamers are so used to frame-lag that they just didn't notice.

bashing
I have never said that Portal is a bad game.  Portal is a decent game.  It's got great writing, a good premise and gameplay concept, and one of the best darn antagonists to come out of a work of fiction.  It's just rather overrated.

Print