Print

Author Topic: Super Meat Boy  (Read 24683 times)

« on: October 21, 2010, 12:46:25 AM »
Ladies and gentlemen, this is a platformer. Fantastic wall-jumping wall-sliding action, brutal difficulty, tons of characters, collectible out-of-the-way items, secret mini-game worlds, references to classic videogames, references to tons of hit indie games, a really cool Light World/Dark World structure, and most importantly it screams its own name at the title screen.

Discuss SMB here.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 01:04:51 AM »
Discuss SMB here.

Shouldn't this go in Mario Chat then?

...lol

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 07:35:51 AM »
Hey, at least he didn't call it "Why Don't Any of You People Have Super Meat Boy".

I'm holding out for the Steam release.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 12:15:53 PM »
I haven't seen anything like this before. Looks pretty tough, I might check it out.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 12:21:53 PM »
My roommate told me about it. It looks pretty good.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 05:51:29 PM »
Is this an XBLA game?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 06:14:01 PM »
Yeah, it came out on XBLA this week. Also WiiWare, and it's coming to PC at some point later on (which is when I'll buy it).

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 07:26:21 PM »
A good way to describe this game is "N+ at 3x speed".

A really neat feature is that when you beat a level, it shows you a replay of all your attempts at the level at the same time. So on a hard level, you'll see a giant herd of your 40 previous failed runs all hurtling to their dooms at once.

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 11:27:28 PM »
Yes! .. wait, that's a good feature? XD

It sounds like fun. Maybe after we get our wireless working again, I can download..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 01:31:51 AM »
"N+ at 3x speed"
Oh [dukar].

Definitely buying this game.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 09:24:41 AM »
Saw this on the SMB Twitter today. I wasn't sure which thread it belongs in, but finally decided: (going to call it spoilers just to be safe)

I am going to buy the crap out of this game.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 09:28:45 AM »
I saw that it got butt good reviews, so like a cheap guy who doesn't have any Xbox points at the moment, I played its precursor Meat Boy. If Meat Boy is indicative of the quality of Super Meat Boy, I will buy it.

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 10:15:54 AM »
As a newbie 360 owner, Solid, you may be interested to know that all XBLA games have trial versions.

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 12:15:33 PM »
Free trial versions, to be more specific. I played the trial of Super Meat Boy and I'm buying it the instant I get off for winter break.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 08:48:04 PM »
As a newbie 360 owner, Solid, you may be interested to know that all XBLA games have trial versions.
Yeah, I know. It was just easier for me to play the flash game immediately after reading the SMB review since I was already on my computer.

On an unrelated matter, I find it strangely endearing that you described me as a "newbie" and not a "noob." It makes me feel like I have the potential to be an awesome Xbox 360 owner.

Print