Eventually, but no word yet
0 (0%)
Absolutely, it's been announced
0 (0%)
It's being done as we speak
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Print

Author Topic: Snoballs Chance Sequel  (Read 2599 times)

« on: January 02, 2011, 04:39:47 PM »
Games are pretty chancey. There's no surfire way to tell how games will do. Mediocre, or barely functioning games can get sequals and franchises, while truly phenominal titles sometimes get stuck with cult status, if they're lucky. Even with flocks of ravenous fans begging for more, for one reason or another, it looks like the idea of sequels is dead.

There are games we all found that just struck us as Right. We played it, nay, we absorbed it. The story, the characters, maybe the gameplay or art. And when done, we could only think "More". And we waited, like good little fans. Waited for any little bit of news on our new favorite (hopeful) franchise, word on sequels or DLC or even other games by the developers. And wait. And wait. But more time passing, fewer articles, and most dreaded and all too common nowadays, developers closing their doors. And here we are.

What games do you wish got sequals, but just don't see it happening? Even if it was said that the developers were working on one, but there hasn't been any word for a while, and they dodge the question of when it's supposedly coming.

Personally, I would love to see a new Banjo Kazooie like the first 2, or a new Perfect Dark. Outside Rare love, I'd like some more info on a new Mirror's Edge, and up until a little while ago, I would have said Deus Ex, but it looks like we're getting a decent sequal now.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 04:47:10 PM »
I'd like to see a third Tomba! game.  With this generation's graphics and technical capabilities, it'd be a sight to behold.  Unfortunately, WhooPeeCamp closed down after Tomba! 2, so the chances of that happening are next to nil.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 05:29:02 PM »
At this point, seeing sequels to old series from the SNES/Genesis days and before seems a little more realistic than anything. The downloadable market is prosperous enough to give remakes and returns a steady platform to fulfill a niche, even if the series themselves aren't incredibly popular.

There's a few shining gems from last gen that will probably never get revisited though. XIII especially was just asking for another entry.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 05:54:24 PM »
XIII was really good. I was disappointed and guessed we wouldn't get the sequel when they stopped translating the comic.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 07:05:07 PM »
There aren't enough Final Fantasies.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 07:24:54 PM »
There's a few shining gems from last gen that will probably never get revisited though. XIII especially was just asking for another entry.

Speaking of shining gems, Resonance of Fate was is probably the best and over-looked RPG of this current generation. Way better than FFXIII (in my humble opinion), though I can't say it really needs a sequel.

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 08:38:43 PM »

or a new Perfect Dark.
You're in luck because Perfect Dark got three sequels: TimeSplitters, TimeSplitters 2, and TimeSplitters: Future Perfect.

I would appreciate a sequel to Space Channel 5 Part 2 but Tetsuya Mizuguchi doesn't work at Sega anymore. That didn't stop him from making a Rez sequel though, heh heh.

Creators leaving the company that owns the rights to their creations is a big factor in deserving games that never get sequels. Or in the sequels sucking massively.

Print