Print

Author Topic: How NOT to Get Hired by A Game Developer  (Read 2774 times)

« on: July 28, 2011, 03:35:23 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNgjecJY76g" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNgjecJY76g</a>

If this video becomes a viral media sensation and results in her getting hired, I'll do something drastic like read Turtlekid's blog. Regarding all the chin-related puns in the comments section, here's a picture of Miss Vondrak.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 11:26:47 PM »
WHOA.  When you said chin and puns I thought we were talking chins of the double variety and puns of the fat-joke variety.  That picture... shattered those expectations.  I've never seen anything like that before in my life.  She's actually really pretty other than her chin from another plane of reality.

What position is she applying for within the company?  If she's looking to be an artist, she needs to make this look a whole hell of a lot better.  If she did that, I could see this actually working.  Otherwise, I doubt they're looking for new people for their creative staff, and I can't imagine this would get her a job doing any kind of programming.  I could see their Promotions department maybe digging this, and the enthusiasm would probably be appealing to their Testing department.  Cool, outside the box companies (like Valve) can really appreciate strange applications like this, it just needs to be... better. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 11:28:59 PM by billy chilly »
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 11:55:47 PM »
Funnily enough, she never specifies what job she's looking to get. The only things I can imagine her doing at Valve are feeding Gabe Newell or removing staples with her chin.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 12:21:39 AM »
Oh man, I would be all over the Gabe-feeding job. That position pays like sixty bucks an hour, and you get to play pre-release Episode Three and DOTA 2 builds during your breaks.

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 08:10:34 AM »
Funnily enough, she never specifies what job she's looking to get.

Hahaha really?  Wow, nevermind.  I can't imagine Valve is looking to pay someone to do anime fan-art. 
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 11:48:42 AM »
Hee hee hee! That's cute! I like her plays on words, or Valve video game titles. Hey, maybe she'll get in for QA Testing. o_o What better position to get one's foot in the door...

Print