Print

Author Topic: The Silly Mario Fan Theories Thread  (Read 189106 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #210 on: September 15, 2012, 08:15:45 AM »
Cartoon logic is more likely to give a character a bunch of nephews with absolutely no knowledge of who their parents are or why the character is stuck raising them (Donald, Popeye, Toucan Sam, etc.), which is why I also attribute this to Bowser.

« Reply #211 on: September 15, 2012, 01:02:39 PM »
I uh, kinda touched on that earlier in the thread. The very first post to be precise.

I know I must have read that at some point, I just forgot. At the very least I contributed a partial confirmation.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #212 on: September 15, 2012, 04:33:08 PM »
The Koopalings are the same species as Boom Boom and Pom Pom
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #213 on: September 15, 2012, 06:51:44 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #214 on: September 15, 2012, 07:45:04 PM »
Exactly
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #215 on: September 16, 2012, 09:14:59 AM »
Of course they're the same species. They're Koopas.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #216 on: September 16, 2012, 09:52:44 AM »
I've always thought of Koopas more as a genus than a species.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #217 on: September 16, 2012, 11:37:19 AM »
Well there're certainly lots of different types of Koopas. Troopas, Lakitus, Spinies, Beetles, Bros., and Boom Boom/Bowsers.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #218 on: September 16, 2012, 01:02:32 PM »
Bowser and a Buzzy Beetle are definitely not the same species. Same family at most... then there'd probably be a split for bipeds and quadrupeds, and THEN you start getting into the specifics.

The idea I was meaning to get across is that the Koopalings, Boom Boom and Pom Pom aren't the same as Bowser and Jr., which comes from Jr.'s horns. None of the Koopalings, nor Boom Boom, have them, despite (most of them) clearly being older than Jr. In fact, now that it's not the case that they are "Bowser's kids," that could also mean they aren't all "kids" either; possibly all full-grown adults, with the probable exceptions of Larry and Lemmy. Although, Boom & Pom don't have spikes on their shells while the 'lings do. So maybe not. Or maybe so, because the shells are removable and interchangeable. Or maybe all mentioned are the same species and are simply manifesting very different genes, like different dog breeds do. These are the things that fascinate me

Dealing with a retcon like this is interesting. It changes so much and so little at the same time!
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #219 on: September 16, 2012, 02:28:34 PM »
Boom Boom had spikes in Mario 3, but in 3D Land he no longer has them.

Iggy, Morton, Roy and Ludwig definitely look older than the rest in New Wii and New 2. I always assumed Lemmy was just a midget. He's also the only one without teeth.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #220 on: September 16, 2012, 02:44:59 PM »
Lemmy was either said to be second-oldest, or everybody just guessed that the order they were fought in SMB3 reflected their ages, ascending. It certainly wouldn't be impossible even if they were all fully-grown, but Larry's voice makes him sound like he's obviously supposed to be a kid, Lemmy doesn't sound or look much older, if any, and the rest all sound like they could be adults (especially comparing them to Boom Boom, who I dunno, I've always taken as being a fully-grown flunky), with Iggy appearing to be teenaged...

So the question here is, if they're not Bowser's children, how much else of what was previously true for them now is no longer? Are they related to each other?
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #221 on: September 16, 2012, 03:04:00 PM »
I like to think they aren't. They look way too different. At this point they're like Bowser's band of kooky relatives. If they're his nephews and niece then it's very likely Bowser has like seven brothers/sisters.

Suddenly, the idea of Iggy and Spike being Koopa's cousins in the Mario movie makes a teensy bit more sense...

« Reply #222 on: September 17, 2012, 08:31:08 AM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

Now we just need a Super Koopa Cousins spin-off.. XD
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #223 on: September 17, 2012, 10:25:41 AM »
....No we don't. XD

A

« Reply #224 on: September 18, 2012, 11:59:56 PM »
The Koopalings are Bowser's parents

Birdos, Yoshis, and Mushroom World humans have very different sexual reproduction systems than what we are used to. Koopas are different too -- for a Koopa female to become pregnant (at least the species of Koopa that Bowser is), she must be impregnated by seven males. This is why Bowser's species is so rare.
"I was going to post and say "I have one of those!" because I recognized the hair immediately, but then the rest of the pic loaded and I nearly spit my drink out."
1-800-COLLECT: SAVE A BUCK OR TWO!!

Print