Print

Author Topic: Hyrule Warriors (name not final)  (Read 12478 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 11:03:59 AM »
The DLC situation with Hyrule Warriors is 100% a Tecmo Koei thing.

Phew, I figured as much.
I figured what's going down with Hyrule Warriors doesn't really line up with Nintendo's usual stances on paid DLC. I'm still just a little worried, since Nintendo are the publishers outside of Japan and Eiji Aonuma is involved with this. I don't think we have to worry about any installments of core Nintendo franchises having a heavy emphasis on paid DLC or lame [dukar] llike microtransactions, though.
Relics.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2014, 02:45:12 PM »
It's just that the "final roster" was shown and I'm not the only one whose reaction was, "What? That's it?". But Tecmo Koei was primed and ready to say, "No, no it is not! Not if you're prepared to pay more!" With the additional padding it looks a little better... but not for a 70/80-dollar game. So, is the combined total for content worth the combined total cost? You can decide that for yourself, and for me, I've decided it's not.

I'm not going to complain any more than that. I'm just not going to buy the game.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 02:35:00 PM »
Complaining about the playable roster in a Musou game is like doing the same for a Super Smash Bros. game.

(No, you can't have Ridley in this one either.)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2014, 07:49:59 PM »
I might be biased because Little Mac and Greninja are in it, but I don't see SSB4's roster and think "What, that's it?" Or even Melee's or Smash 64's, given their respective release times.
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 02:42:02 AM »
I don't see the Hyrule Warriors roster and think "what, that's it?" I look at it, and all the variations for each character with multiple unique weapons with unique movesets, and think "playing as all these characters I know nothing about is going to be a lot of fun!" And I haven't even played as anyone other than Link or Impa yet.

I guess the presence of original characters doesn't affect me for that reason. Half the roster amounts to "original characters" for me, because I haven't played Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2014, 04:02:42 PM »
To expect a Zelda fan to go into it with that mindset is completely silly, because it is made entirely of Zelda shout-outs. I think it is lacking in those, and I haven't even played more than four of the 2D games.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2014, 04:14:05 PM »
Hasn't the game been out for a while in Japan though? They could have been developing DLC there while NOA and NOE did localization.
I feel like my argument got buried by the break between pages.

Also, the big DLC packs seem to be out next year and appear to add a lot of content. (New characters and gamemodes)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2014, 04:50:43 PM »
Maybe if I'm lucky they'll add Dixie, Ridley or Mewtwo to Hyrule Warriors instead. :P

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2014, 05:16:34 PM »
I mean, Link, Isabelle, and Tanooki Mario got added to Mario Kart 8 before Diddy, Birdo, and Bowser Jr., so probably.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2014, 11:54:57 AM »
So has anyone other than me actually played Hyrule Warriors yet?

I've played a good chunk of the story, about 1/6 of the missions in Adventure mode (which doesn't say much about how much is actually there, so let me just say: Adventure mode is huge, even if you aren't spending a lot of time replaying missions for 100% completion like I am), and one co-op story mission in free mode. I've been enjoying the game quite a bit so far! Midna and Lana are my favorite characters to play as at this point, which sucks because they're also my least favorite characters in the story.

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2014, 05:31:20 PM »
I reaaaallly wanna get it ASAP, but money is hard to come by for an unemployed 16 year old with no allowance, so I probably won't get it until Christmas. Oh well.
Relics.

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2014, 12:13:55 PM »

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2014, 03:02:24 PM »
Yearrgh.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2014, 07:49:34 PM »
LORDY LORDY
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2014, 09:39:48 PM »
His Mii really makes it.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print