Print

Author Topic: Wario and Waluigi: cartoons?  (Read 6614 times)

« on: August 22, 2001, 07:26:40 AM »
Yes, it's true! In the episode of the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, Plummer's Academy, Wario and Waluigi are both there!

Waluigi- When Sergeant Koppamehn or whatever is helping blond housewife with her plumbing problems, and he says, "good, a month's supply of drain cleaner has arrived", Waluigi is the one driving the truck, upsidedown L on his hat and all! if Waluigi was introduced in 2000, what is he doing in a show from the '80s? Were they keeping him a secret this whole time?

Wario- When Mario and Luigi first arrive at the academy, the sergeant is standing there yelling at the plumbers. when they show all of them, look at the fat one in yellow. It's Wario! again, why would they not release wario until the '90s if he was thought up in the '80s? The producers didn't think we would notice, but I did!

on a somewhat related note, russia did not have a president in the 80's and I still don't think it does! yet when Mario asks the cop what's going on, he says the president of america is showing the russian president around brooklyn.

and when Mario and Luigi are rewarded golden plumbing tools, the VICE president at the time, George Bush, gives them the awards. Not Regan!

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2001, 09:01:13 AM »
Unfortunatly, I cant agree or disagree with you.
Alas, I have not seen thoses cartoons.
--
"True Dat!"
Mæriô from da Ghetto©

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2001, 11:13:25 AM »
I'd have to say that those can't be Wario and Waluigi, but they may LOOK like them.  You actually stated the reason above: they weren't created yet.

Russia technically did have a president.  Gorbachov (sp?), the guy with the big birthmark on his head.  'He' was actually in one of the live scenes once (I remember the Mario Bros. introduced him to pizza or something like that).  And when SMB:SS was on TV, Bush was president of the US, not Regan.

Still, I would like to see that episode again to see the Wario and Waluigi look alikes...
--Roy Koopa
--Oldest and coolest of the Seven Koopa Kids!

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2001, 11:39:14 AM »
even if bush WAS the president at the time, which i doubt, he was not the president at the time mario and luigi became plumbers because they were plumbers in Mario Bros. which was in 1983! When REGAN was president! and i cant disagree with you with the Gorbachev thing because when I got the tapes in '89 or '90, they had Mario cartoons, Zelda cartoons, and Mario live action sequences. when i came across them in '97, the had Mario cartoons and Mario live action. just this morning i watched them again, and all they had were Mario cartoons! Nothing else! The only live action sequence I remember was when Mario and Luigi's old lady aunts were coming to the apartment and it was so painfully obvious that Lou Albano and Danny Wells also played the aunts!

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2001, 12:02:45 PM »
i took some pictures of them with a polaroid sticker camera but my scanner isnt working...

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2001, 05:22:13 PM »
Hmm...There is another possiblity. It could be that they DID have him made up (although I seriously doubt this), but never really needed to use him. Miyamoto thought up Yoshi after completing SMB2 (Japenese version, Look in your Offical Nintendo Super Mario World Guides, if arthritius hasn't crippled you so) and it showed sketches of yoshi darwn all pixel like, it even showed him crouching sticking his tongue out. Good bye for now.

Kweeh! Forget Whark! Kweeh! Is better!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2001, 08:31:21 PM »
hmm...
Maybe it's a coincidence...

No.

| /
|/
|\ amek2K
| \   -"Who wants lottery tickets!?"
| /
|/
|\ amek2K
| \   -"Who wants lottery tickets!?"

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2001, 12:33:29 PM »
and you know how waluigi's eyes sometimes glow in Mario Tennis? It's because the sun reflects off his contacts. He was wearing glasses in the cartoon.

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2001, 02:38:04 PM »
This was an excellent first post. Unlike some others...

When your fingers and hands turn blue, you''ll now that I am there, watching you.

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2001, 09:08:28 PM »
I herd about this on another Mario site, I forgot which, talking about how the cartons predicted the future of Mario gaming

frostbite, if you get you scanner working I'm sure all of us would like to see the pic

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2001, 06:09:02 PM »
i lost that picture like a month ago...
but i'm sure i can get the guy from frazled.com/~danny to post the cartoon on his page.

When your fingers and hands turn blue, you''ll now that I am there, watching you.

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2001, 03:58:12 PM »
he doesn't have it, unfortunatly. oh well.

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2001, 07:27:38 AM »
I've Never Seen Them so I Can't Dissagree.
Hello.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2001, 10:07:48 AM »
I have two (2) of the Super Mario Bros. Super Show cartoons on video. One of them is "Mario's Magic Carpet" and the other is "Butch Mario and The Luigi Kid".

They are both really good. And "Butch Mario and the Luigi Kid" is the one with the two aunts played by Lou Albano and Danny Wells (Mario and Luigi).

If they make a new cartoon, would you want the voice of Mario to be by Charles Martinet (from Super Mario 64), or Lou Albano (from the Super Mario Bros. cartoons)?

Mama mia! It''s-a me, Mario Maniac!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2001, 04:30:49 PM »
I like the cartoon voice of the Mario from the Super Mario World cartoon. And I do believe Mario and Luigi didn't exactly dress as their aunts, just that they were supposed to look like them, so they used the same actors. They did the same thing the episode their mom came over.

Print