Print

Author Topic: Do Nintendo really want to lose the console war in England?  (Read 4591 times)

« on: November 26, 2001, 06:13:14 AM »
I don't understand - surely it is commercial suicide, making us wait until March. Fony's horrible Gimpstation 2 will have won, and mopped up all the blood too by this stage.

Anyone know the official line on why we are being made to wait?

Cheers,

Matt

Mountain Dew or Crab Juice? Oh, I can't take it any more!
You got a toilet in there? "No, toilet in tower. Tower!"
Cheers,

Matt

Mountain Dew or Crab Juice? Oh, I can''t take it any more!

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2001, 06:21:45 AM »
That was supposed to say England, by the way - it seems to have been cut off the topic page.

Cheers,

Matt

Cheers,

Matt

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2001, 10:20:43 AM »
In America, the GameCube is already out! It arrived on November 18! I WANT ONE SO BAD! PlayStation does suck and so does the crappy Xbox!

Mama mia! It''s-a me, Mario Maniac!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2001, 12:11:54 PM »
Yeah - it's silly! Why do the Americans have to get it FOUR MONTHS before we do? What is the logic? The way I see it, Nintendo are virtually giving the war to Sony by not releasing it here before Christmas. Ridiculous and silly.

Cheers,

Matt

Cheers,

Matt

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2001, 12:26:49 PM »
I personally am dissappointed in SOME of the game cubes games. However (on a side note ) I am really sick and tired of people bad mouthing the PS2, how many of you actually played it?

"I''ll never look back, I''''ve got no regrets. ''Cause time doesn''''t wait for me...I choose to go my own way." - Sonic the Hedgehog
"I''ll never look back, I''''ve got no regrets. ''Cause time doesn''''t wait for me...I choose to go my own way." - Sonic the Hedgehog

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2001, 03:55:13 PM »
We know how you feel avengah. Japan had it before us so we were jealous of them! I don't know why Europe gets it later. Like I understand the translation,. but England is english!

P.S. That Gimpstation thing was funny! But do you really like Crap Box?

I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon
I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2001, 05:50:13 PM »
What do you mean?  Nintendo GameCube's already out along with Luigi's Mansion, Waverace Blue Storm, etc.  Yes NGC does rule, and the Gimpstation 2 sucks, cause they're all sports games and crap.  Nintendo will always rule, but Nintendo Game Cube: No Mario title, no excitement!

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2001, 07:16:19 PM »
It might already be out if you happen to live in America, but for some silly reason it's not out in England yet (which is what I put before).

This can only serve to put people off, and boost rival companies' sales as people go to buy Christmas presents etc.

Cheers,

Matt

Cheers,

Matt

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2001, 08:11:55 PM »
look nintendo is not going to fail because England did not get it yet... most gamers are probally in Amarica or Japanor even Canada but really for a huge company like Nintendo to loose millions of dollors and fans just because England gets it late... well that is what you ment on the topis isint it.

Yoshi cool
You not cool!!! :)
CANADA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2001, 09:14:41 PM »
This may sound harsh but honestly Nintendo doesnt really care about getting it out in Englad right away.  The 2 biggest markets in the world are Japan and the US - England Aulstralia Canada and the others are like a bonus.

-PCM

-----------------------------

http://nintendointense.4t.com
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2001, 10:07:03 PM »
Hey, I got an idea! Maybe you could import a GameCube from the U.S. Then you wouldn't have to wait so long.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2001, 08:00:45 AM »
Without England there would be no US. This is, to put it simply, a joke and a slap in the face to Nintendo's English fans. I would have thought England did make them enough money...? There are a lot of people here, the population density is higher than in America.

Cheers,

Matt

Cheers,

Matt

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2001, 03:10:48 PM »
England is smaller than Texas!

When your fingers and hands turn blue, you''ll now that I am there, watching you.

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2001, 11:32:03 PM »
Did you read my post? I said "Population DENSITY". Texas is very spread out, whereas England is very crushed together, so the number of people per unit area is higher. This ends up with America being a lot bigger than England, but not actually having proportionally that many more people in it.

Cheers,

Matt

Cheers,

Matt

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2001, 08:33:52 PM »
Yes there are a lot of people there - and maybe your density is higher BUT if Nintendo made a lot of money in England dont you think they would make it more of a priority than a year after it is released in Japan?

-PCM

-----------------------------

http://nintendointense.4t.com
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Print