Print

Author Topic: Who will be Nintendo's lead competitor?  (Read 3198 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: January 14, 2002, 09:38:01 AM »
Who will be Nintendo's lead competition in the years to come?

Will it be Microsoft?

Will it be Sony?

I have a pretty good theory for the upcoming videogame wars:

Nintendo will be the sellout system of the year. This is mainly because of the enourmous 3rd party support that it has recieved in the last few months. Also, Nintendo has had a very good history of making good, fun games; and why would they ever quit doing that?

Microsoft hardly has any experience in the videogame market. Sure they've made a few controllers and games for the computer, but a computer is far more complex than a simple videogame machine. Also, the Xbox is designed like a computer, and who would want to buy a new computer when you can play the same types of games on a Dell or Compaq?

Sony has been in the videogame business for about 7 years. Their PlayStation 1 was an enormous sucess in 1995 when it was released. Sony has made plenty of good games and their library includes some of the best 3rd party games out there! PlayStation 2 revolutionized the market with the introduction of a built-in DVD player, and Microsoft is simply copying what Sony did...

Also, Microsoft and Sony have not made a handheld game system to rival the Game Boy yet (the Gamke Boy has been Nintendo's biggest success). Although I read at an Xbox web site that Microsoft was considering creating a "X-Boy" or some other type of handheld system to rival the Game Boy some time in the future...

So who do you think will be Nintendo's next big competition?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MICROSFT: Nintendo is so old, you should retire! You will fall to the wrath of Microsoft!

NINTENDO: Well, at least WE know how to make good games! Long live Nintendo!

SONY: I like cheese...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2002, 03:44:17 PM »
Well, using that analogy of the X-Box's handheld being a X-Boy, I'd certainly buy Sony's handheld. (Wink, wink)

Go ahead and hate your neighbor, go ahead and cheat a friend. Do it in the name of heaven, you can justify it in the end. There won''t be any trumpets blowing come the judgement day. On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2002, 08:08:50 AM »
I never said the Sony would make a handheld... All I said is this:

I read at an Xbox site that Microsoft was CONSIDERING making a handheld system to rival the Game Boy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MICROSFT: Nintendo is so old, you should retire! You will fall to the wrath of Microsoft!

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2002, 03:21:45 PM »
No, nonononono! You're missing the point!
Think about it:
GameCube is to GameBoy as X-Box is to X-Boy as PlayStation is to... understand now?

Edited by - frostbite on 1/15/2002 1:22:39 PM

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2002, 04:27:25 PM »
So it's true! Hugh Hefner _is_ behind SCEA!

Somebody set up us the bomb-omb.
Somebody set up us the bomb-omb.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2002, 09:50:15 AM »
Hugh? What about Huegh Hefner?

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2002, 03:26:41 PM »
Nintendo has Game Cube and they have Game Boy
Microsoft has a X-box so they will have a X-boy.
sony has a Playstation so they will have a Play-boy.

LOL!!! thats really funny!

Man 1: I must say we have a very exiting proposal.

Man 2: A video game bassed on your many adventures.

Man 1: What would you call it?

Iggy and Spike:..... "The Super Koopa Cousins!"
CANADA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2002, 06:35:45 PM »
Yes! You finally understand!

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2002, 06:54:46 PM »
HA HA!!!!! Play Boy!

That's messed up.

I could see the commercials now...

Parents would slowly turn their heads toward the TV...

Wondering what their kid is watching...

Eeeeettts a me! Baby Mario! Honk Honk Honk!

Edited by - BabyMario on 1/16/2002 4:55:37 PM

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2002, 07:06:19 PM »
The greatest videogame system to rival the Nintendo Gamecube will be the Sega Dreamcast (just kidding, just kidding).  Personally, I think Nintendo cannot be matched, but the one that will "challenge" Nintendo the most will be the Xbox. What is a game system without Mario?   Who dares challenge Chargin Chuck and Nintendo!?
 n/a

gcn

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2002, 06:01:59 PM »
I think sony will be the biggest competitor because they have more 3rd partys than the Xbox.

Edited by - gcn on 1/17/2002 4:03:22 PM

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2002, 07:13:51 PM »
yeah esrb ratings for playboy
Barney's magicaly adventure: A
Telituobies lets learn to count: A
Micky mouse's butterfly alphabet game:A
reasons: Nudity
not a fair rating on the account the esrb critices wanted to stay pure so they did not touch the system.

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2002, 03:50:18 PM »
I think mickey wears pants..

Print