Print

Author Topic: Kirby and DK copyright confusion...  (Read 2169 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: February 07, 2002, 07:43:19 AM »
Okay. Doney Kong was originally created by Nintendo. So why does Rare own the rights to him? Just becasue they helped make the Donkewy Kong Country games doesn't mean they own all the rights to the characters!

Its the same problem with Kirby. If Kirby is a Nintendo character, then why is he owned by HAL Labs? I know HAL Labs created the Kirby games, but why do they still own the rights to him? Is HAL Labs a company owned by Nintendo, or are they just liscensing their characters to Nintendo?

If any of you know the answers to these, please post your replies! And I would really like it if Deezer could help me out on this one!

------------------------------
"Bwa ha ha! Guess who it is, loyal Mario fans...

It is I, King Bowser... ruler of all Koopas, big and small. I have come to take over the Mushroom Kingdom (no, not the place...I mean the WEB SITE!)! Deezer, you will surrender your troops to me, or else you will never see your precious Mario again! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2002, 03:21:42 PM »
Hmm, I've heard that Nintendo gave Rare the rights to create games with Donkey Kong in it. And it's probably the same with Kirby and HAL Laboratory.

Nintendo probably did this because they practically own Rare and HAL. Even though Rare and HAL is second party, have you EVER seen them made games for any other company than Nintendo?

I sure never did.

Oh, and I think that Nintendo is about to own Silicon Knights and Factor 5 too.

Just in case you don't know, Factor 5 is the company that made Star Wars:Rogue Leader:Rogue Squadron 2.

And no, I don't mean Lucas Arts, because they didn't made it. Lucas Arts only gave the licensed to make a Star War game to Factor 5.

Without Factor 5, you probably wouldn't see the awesome graphics in Rogue Leader 2 that we have today.

As a matter of fact, Factor 5 president even said that they are waiting for Nintendo to ask them to become their new second-party company.

I am telling the truth! I mean, have you EVER seen Silicon Knights or Factor 5 make games for any other company beside Nintendo?

.............Whoa, how did my explanation of Donkey Kong and Kirby copyright turn into a rant about who Nintendo is about to own?

Anyway, I'm finished now.

(P.S. Silicon Knights is the company making Eternal Darkness for the GameCube.)

Nintendo, Born To Play.
"Here We Go!"
- Mario

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2002, 09:08:31 AM »
So is this the same situation with Retro Studios (the company that is making "Metroid Prime")?

I'm guessing that with the release with the GameCube, Nintendo is finally planning to buy/create many other videogame companies to help produce for it! Microsoft ain't doin' any of that!

It is I, King Bowser... ruler of all Koopas, big and small. I have come to take over the Mushroom Kingdom (no, not the place...I mean the WEB SITE!)! Deezer, you will surrender your troops to me, or else you will never see your precious Mario again! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2002, 01:47:42 PM »
Retro? I'll be surprise if Nintendo doesn't already own that!

Retro is a very good company, though. They consist of good developers from Various companies.

Although Retro is new, they did come to the newer GameCube instead of the already established Playstation 2. So that must mean that they are more partial to Nintendo, or maybe they just want to make a sequel to the super popular Metroid. If they do that, then they'll make millions.

Nintendo, Born To Play.
"Here We Go!"
- Mario

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2002, 08:15:41 AM »
Well, Nintendo games are far more superior compared to Sony's crappy junk. Microsoft is still pretty new to the market, so they need some time before we can determine if they're any good or not at videogames...

But I've said it before, so I'll say it again... NINTENDO IS THE BEST!

Print