Print

Author Topic: Who Here Has Got Super Mario World?  (Read 1584 times)

« on: March 17, 2002, 01:49:00 AM »
Yeah, I just got the GameBoy Advance version at the store along with Sonic Adventure 2:Battle for the GameCube and Diablo for the PC.

Let me tell you something, I got a rom of Super Mario World for my computer, but the thing runs 2 or 3 times faster than the SNES version! I couldn't keep up with the dang thing, and I've kept dying for stupid reasons. After playing it for about 1-3 days, I've completely lost interest in it, and use a cheat code to get to Bowser VERY easily.

However, I just got Super Mario World:Super Mario Advance 2 for the GameBoy Advance, and the thing runs normally. And since I can actually keep up with the game now, and not die about 3 times every 5 minutes, the replay value has more than double. Now, instead of beating the game by cheating just like I did with the computer version, I will beat it fair and square.

Oh yeah, the bonus Mario Bros. Arcade looks pretty good. I haven't play it yet, but let me tell you something, this game has NEVER been released before(Well, at least I don't think it has). So it is an added bonus to the great Super Mario World port!

"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn''t? You either dismiss it or accept that there is much more to the world than you think."

- Shigeru Miyamoto

- Mario

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2002, 02:10:11 AM »
The Mario Bros. arcade in SMA2 is unchanged from the one in SMA. It still even has all the SMB2 sprites in it! I was very dissapointed.Nintendoo could a least CHANGE the sprites and whatnot to the sprites in SMA2:SMW oh well...I'm hoping for an actual ORIGINAL side game in SMA3...but they'll probably just throw in the SAME Mario Bros. arcade again... You now what? When that happens to a rom it probably means: 1.it's skipping to many frames 2.Your computer sucks. The SMW rom works fine on mine.It actually works better than the one on my SNES!!! And the reason you died alot is probably 'cause you were using a keyboard,I am blessed with a gamepad.

To remeber our favorite punk-mouthed Clown: Skate 0-/<):
PS.CHRONO RULES!!!!!!!

Edited by - MamaMia Mario on 3/17/2002 12:15:47 AM
200 characters and nothing to say.

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2002, 02:34:13 PM »
"1.it's skipping to many frames"

No, the graphics and frames and SNES perfect.

"2.Your computer sucks."

If my computer sucks, then why does the game run faster than the SNES version? Shouldn't it be slower if my computer sucks?

"The SMW rom works fine on mine.It actually works better than the one on my SNES!!! And the reason you died alot is probably 'cause you were using a keyboard,I am blessed with a gamepad."

No, the reason why I died so much is because I couldn't keep up with the speed of the game. Like I stated, it run about 2 or 3 times faster than the SNES version. By the time I pressed the jump button, I already ran into a monster or fell into a hole.

"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn''t? You either dismiss it or accept that there is much more to the world than you think."

- Shigeru Miyamoto

- Mario

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2002, 06:54:50 AM »
Yes! I have SMW:SMA2.  I like the new features (ex. playing as Luigi, more easily finding colored Yoshies) but it seems harder on the GBA (smaller screen maybe?).  I can't beat Castle #6!

About your emulator/ROM problem, there used to be a program out on the Internet called Mo Slo which would slow down a too-fast program.  Unfortunately, it only works for DOS programs.

Microsoft X-Box unanimously voted "Worst Game Console There Ever Was And Ever Will Be"
I am a Mario Hacker! Specializing in SMB1. Hacks completed: 1
Why is the word ''dictionary'' in the dictionary? If you don't know what a dictionary is, you wouldn't know to look in the dictionary to find the definition of dictionary.

Print