Print

Author Topic: smb3 shortcuts  (Read 3896 times)

« on: March 22, 2002, 08:33:48 PM »
I know how to get to world 8 without beating worlds 2-7

Also known as orolo1

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2002, 07:41:54 PM »
So do I! Get the two warp whistles, use one, doo do doo do-do-do. . . use the other before entering a pipe, doo do doo do-do-do. . . enter pipe, beat bowser. The End.

Speaking of warp whistles, did you know that World Five is the only world whose final boss can be beaten more than once in one game? Beat World Five, you're at six, use whistle, doo do doo do-do-do. . . choose to go back to Five, beat again! It can be beaten up to four times! Make Roy quadruple angry, and boost your score, too!

----------
Buzz (counting the kids in the car): 11, 92, 12, . . .
Mom: Buzz, stop being a moron.
----------
Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, MARIO, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned. [Mario sinned!]

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2002, 06:59:57 AM »
I didn't know that way. I was thinking of getting both whistles then beating world 1 then using 1 go to world 7 and use the other 1.

I am the all powerful Mamuu (Wart) and I am  here to take over sub-con then, the mushroom kingdom then, the mushroom kingdom (the site) then, the mushroom world then, hyrule then, oh forget it.
Also known as orolo1

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2002, 08:55:53 PM »
I think just about everybody knows how to do that, so it's nothing to brag about.

-------------------------
Mario:Hey, where''s Luigi?
Toad:I think he''s on that new adult site.
Mario:Daisy''s gonna be furious!
Luigi:Oooh, yeah!!
Mario:Luigi, stop being a dirty b*stard and get your a*s over here!
Luigi:Hey, that picture stopped downloading. D*mn server!
Mario:I did that! If you don''t stop looking up naked b*tches online, I''ll....
Peach:Don''t worry kids. When Mario and Luigi stop swearing, we''ll continue the adventure.

Edited by - CashCrazed on 4/19/2002 7:56:08 PM
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2002, 11:59:28 AM »
The best thing about beating five over and over again is the massive number of Hammer Brother and Tannoki suits you can get.
Don`t go bursting my bubble!!!

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2002, 02:16:45 AM »
Sorry, but I've known this since the game was still on store shelves!

It made me happy when I discovered it.

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2002, 11:46:44 AM »
I know how to stock up on any item in the game with the All-Stars version. Go to the place with the item you want, get it, pause, choose Save & Quit, repeat. The items are saved, not just the world you are on, but level clears are not (this also works for item cards and lives)! You can also do it for so far in the normal version (if I'm right in thinking there are continues): Get item, get Game Over, Continue, repeat.

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2002, 05:48:33 AM »
I know in all stars + world you can become any form by pressing select in smb3 mode. i'm not sure if this works in regular all stars.

Also known as orolo1
Also known as orolo1

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2002, 12:30:43 PM »
I did that a while back and now have a save file with about 20 hammer suits and 10 tanooki suits. I think the select form trick only works in very few cartridges as a bug left in from testing.

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2002, 02:28:02 PM »
That's what Deezer put in the cheats section of TMK, except that he said that it IS really only in a few games, not just he thinks it is. I think I'll go check to see if it works on the normal All-Stars game.

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2002, 05:02:05 PM »
where do you get the warp whistles?

i haven't played it much so don't yell at me

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2002, 08:12:08 PM »
Warp Whistle #1: On Level 3, World 1, go to near thte end of the level and find a white platform. Hold down until you fall through, then run behind the exit background. You should get one in a chest.

#2:In the World 1 dungeon, get a tail and go to the end of the first screen. Then run until the P-Meter is full and fly up out of the screen and land above the ceiling. Go to the end of the ceiling, hit up, and there's your Warp Whistle.

#3: In World 2, use a hammer in the upper-right hand corner of the world. You should destroy a rock leading to some Fire Bros. Defeat them and take your Warp Whistle.

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2002, 07:56:21 AM »
Here's a great tip on not losing anything: Go to Toad's house as often as you can, and always pick the middle box. You should get the same item twice in a row! Example: First house: pick middle box. Get flower! Second house: pick middle box. Get Flower! Next item may differ. Good luck!

Print