Print

Author Topic: The future of videogames...  (Read 2543 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: May 21, 2002, 09:56:35 AM »
Ever since Sony released the PlayStation back in 1995, they've completely changed the world of videogames as we know it, introducing CD technology and ful 3D gaming to the public... That's why PlayStation has been so successful over the years, it's because of Sony's relentless attempts to change the world of videogames for the better.

This stragtegy previously belonged to Nintendo, the world-wide leader in videogame entertainment and the leader of portable gaming.

Ever since PlayStation was released, Nintendo's been pushed out of the spotlight, reducing their popularity and world-wide success they've earned for the past 15 years.

Now Sony releases the PS2 (PlayStation 2) and again, the world of videogames is changed with the introduction of a built-in DVD player and even more advanced features.

Where does this leave Nintendo? Well, they're busy trying to design a system that is more powerful and developer-friendly than the PS2...smaller discs, and a more powerful proccessor boost the GameCube sales up a bit, but they are nowhere as high as the overall PlayStation 2 sales [which are currentlly boosting over the 30 million mark].

Then Microsoft enters the fray, trying to boot out Sony with their "most powerful systems ever"...the Xbox. Many people consider the Xbox to be the future of videogames. Did you even hear anyone say anything like that about the GameCube? No. That's because Xbox has the most advanced features and the general gaming public likes more powerful and advanced systems. With Xbox's 700+ megahertz proccessor, an Intel Pentium 4 proccessor, NVIDEA graphics, built-in ethernet port, built in hard drive... and the ablility to record music from CD's it seems the Xbox will surly beat all of its competitors and take the lead from Sony.

So where does this leave Nintendo, well if they want to have the most success, it's back to the drawing board...they need to design a system that has a bunch of advanced features in it if they want to succeed in the future console wars.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2002, 10:28:27 AM »
Sorry about dissing the PlayStation... I really do like the PlayStation, I was just trying to impress you guys.

PlayStation is cool...
...but Nintendo is the best!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2002, 12:20:23 AM »
dissing a cool system doesnt impress me.

i am your master. i am fearless and powerful.
i will never leave you.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2002, 05:28:01 AM »
GameCube is cool...so why diss that? If you like Mario so much, then why do you like the PS2 if it doesn't have Nintendo games on it?

NINTENDO IS THE BEST VIDEOGAME MAKER...ALWAYS HAVE BEEN, ALWAYS WILL BE.

I lied about liking the PS2...
PS2 can burn in h#ll, along with all the other PlayStation junk!

Xbox and GameCube will rule all! NINTENDO FOREVER!

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2002, 08:42:16 AM »
oh, and i dont like ps2 either. my fave stystem is GBA!

i am your master. i am fearless and powerful.
i will never leave you.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2002, 06:54:48 PM »
I think sony and microsoft are frogetting the most important thing about gaming-gameplay.They might do cool junk but the bad gameplay will stay the same.

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2002, 12:48:26 PM »
I concur with thee above.

PS2 is one year older than GCN, mkay?

suX-Box has NO good game, unless you're cold and heartless.

No offence to anyone.

The Y-Box will have the graphical power of the Game & Watch, it will weigh 5.6 metric tons, and will be cheap at $999,999.99

Uh... Hi!
Uh... Hi!

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2002, 02:28:44 PM »
This is purdy old topic...

I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

Edited by - Red Ninja Koopa on 6/4/2002 1:29:08 PM
I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2002, 10:33:11 PM »
gamecube rules! playstation2....umm..well...sorry to say this but PS2 is the worst and xbox is the worst also! i dont care if nintendo is not the best at graphics because the funest games matter! mario,the legend of zelda,star fox,kirby,yoshi,wario,and earthbound are the best games no matter what! nintendo will always be the best at games!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2002, 07:01:02 AM »
Exactly...that was my point all along!

I think Microsoft has a good future with online gaming...Sony has no future at all because all the stuff they make is crap!

Nintendo has the best future because they make the best and funnest games...that and they have extraordinary talent [Shigeru Miyamoto] as well as great marketing skills!

Print