Print

Author Topic: No GameCube for me, I'm a Dreamcast fan!  (Read 2111 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: June 14, 2002, 05:39:21 PM »
I have decided to NOT buy a GameCube... I have a Dreamcast, and I am perfectly happy with that system! Besides, why would I waste another 100+ dollars on a new system when I can enjoy those same games on my Dreamcast; same graphics, same killer games [made by SEGA!] and the same great quality that has made SEGA such a success!

Besides, I can still enjoy Nintendo games on my GameBoy Advance!

Don't get me wrong, I still love Nintendo...but I just don't want to waste money on a new system that has the same type of games Dreamcast has.

SEGA and Nintendo are my favorites--and that will never change.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2002, 04:32:16 PM »
<I>Besides, why would I waste another 100+ dollars on a new system when I can enjoy those same games on my Dreamcast;</I>

Since when did announcement was made about Eternal Darkness and Metroid Prime going to DreamCast?

<I>same graphics,</I>

I may be uninformed, but the last time I check, the only system the DC can match graphics on is the PS2.

<I>same killer games [made by SEGA!]</I>

Uh-oh!! Nintendo made a copyright infringement then!!

They made a Mario and F-Zero game for the N64, but obviously without Sega's permission since it didn't also go to the Saturn!

<I>and the same great quality that has made SEGA such a success!</I>

Um, a success? Is that why they had to go third-party?

<I>Besides, I can still enjoy Nintendo games on my GameBoy Advance!</I>

Yeah, but not all of the new ones. Even Nintendo seem to be fond of making SNES ports for the GBA.

<I>Don't get me wrong, I still love Nintendo...but I just don't want to waste money on a new system that has the same type of games Dreamcast has. </I>

If I used your logic, then I wouldn't own anyting except an SNES and a PSX. Besides, if you really believe that, then you SHOULD buy a system.

Altough, it's not a GameCube you should buy, it's an XBox.

The XBox is getting a lot of games that the DreamCast don't have. A great example of this is Elder Scrolls III:Morrowind(Almost complete unlinearity) and Blinx.

I also want to buy a DreamCast, but I just can't find one. I won't buy an XBox, though.

"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn''t? You either dismiss it or accept that there is much more to the world than you think."

- Shigeru Miyamoto

- Mario

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2002, 09:52:07 AM »
Please delete this thread, I have had a change of heart...

Dreamcast SUCKS compared to GameCube! I am glad SEGA killed Dreamcast, now they can make games for the more superior GameCube!

I will destroy my Dreamcast and buy a GameCube, just to play SUPER SMASH BROS. MELEE!

But I will never get rid of my N64, because I love it so much! Besides, I got it as a gift for my birthday!

NINTENDO RULES!

------------------------------
"I am the mighty Shigeru Miyamoto! You will all bow down to me, for I am the God of videogames!"

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 6/20/2002 9:35:28 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2002, 07:46:42 PM »
No, you shouldn't destroy your Dreamcast. It makes a great video player. The quality isn't as good as DVD, but it's better than VHS cassette. I should have more info about it on my forum in a few weeks! My forum is here:

http://www.classicgaming.com/tmk/board/forum.asp?forum_id=2004&forum_title=Mario+Cartoon+Chat

And you guys, I have this question. You say that Dreamcast and XBOX have the same or better games than Gamecube. What I don't understand is how someone could possibly have any fun on a system that doesn't have Mario games.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2002, 01:11:08 PM »
The only reason I said Dreamcast had better games than Nintendo is because of the games made by SEGA--Sonic the Hedgehog, Virtua Fighter, Phantasy Star, Crazy Taxi, etc.

SEGA used to be Nintendo's main competitor--and that was because of the top-quality games they made--not because of merchandising [which they were NOT very good at doing].

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2002, 01:16:40 PM »
I still think it was a waste of money to buy a Dreamcast...ESPECIALLY since SEGA just killed the system anyway!

I hope the same thing doesn't happen with Nintendo...
---
Nintendo and SEGA make the best games!
[Nintendo makes the best consoles, though]

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 6/22/2002 12:24:10 PM

Print