Print

Author Topic: Nintendo may take the same path SEGA did...  (Read 2031 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: June 20, 2002, 11:06:38 AM »
This information was taken from GamesRadar.com

[07/06/02: 17:28]
Nintendo boss says the company will instead just focus on developing games

Gamecube may be Nintendo's last console. This was the shock news that was revealed at a analyst meeting yesterday by recently appointed Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata.

In talking about Nintendo's future direction, Iwata said that the company would focus on making better games and expanding its share of the games market as opposed to designing ever-more powerful consoles.

"We're reaching the limits of how far we can appeal to consumers by boosting the machine's performance or providing more compelling graphics and sound," he said. "I feel like a chef cooking for a king who's full."

This is not to say that he's not ambitious for Gamecube though, saying that Nintendo intend to shift a staggering 50 million Cubes by March 2005.

...[There was more of this article, but it wasn't important so I deleted it!]
---_---_---_---

If this is true, then who will Nintendo develop games for? And will Nintendo still keep the GameBoy?
---

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 6/20/2002 10:23:14 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2002, 11:17:28 AM »
If GameCube is Nintendo's last console, which I think is very likely, then Nintendo will probably make games for the X-Box and PlayStation!

It's the same thing SEGA has done--quit making systems, and instead make games for other companies! Look at how successful SEGA is now that they're a 3rd-party company!

That means I won't have to worry about buying a GameCube, since Nintendo will quit making systems anyway in a few years!

Oh no...This is the death of Nintendo as a console maker!
AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!
---

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 6/20/2002 10:20:26 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2002, 07:19:48 PM »
What if ALL the video game companies stopped making consoles?! There would be nothing to play the games on!
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2002, 01:05:56 PM »
We would still have computers...

If Nintendo does quit making consoles, then will they still keep the GameBoy?

I think it would be very unwise on their part to quit the GameBoy. The GameBoy series has earned Nintendo millions of dollars, because it is the ONLY handheld system still in market. That's is why the GameBoy has been so popular ever since the original version was released in 1989--because there are no other alternatives to handheld gaming!

Nintendo, if you ever decide to quit the GameBoy, I will lose my faith in all of videogames!
---

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2002, 01:55:55 PM »
They wont "pull a SEGA"  Nintendo has wanted to release this system since the SNES, and now that they have, they want to make it last. They have stopped focusing on the system as much so they can make quality games.

I bet you the GameCube will last 7 years!!!
Uh... Hi!

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2002, 10:12:48 AM »
I have an Idea! (Okay, so it may sound expensive and insane, but...)

Buy a GBA, Gamecube, and some games (my choice; GBA: Sonic Advance, SMA1 and 2. GC: SA2:B, SSBM, SMS (when it comes out), and LM) Sorry for all of the abbreiviations, but I needed to finish this quick! They could be rare, valuable, and collectable someday...

Sad news: Someone stole my Mario Advance! And it was on the last level, too! You see, We were at this Latin School thingie on saturday (I liked it because during snacktime, you can play GBA all you want!) It was the last day, and we just got our awards. I was playing a Sonic Advance single-pak against Bill, and I left SMA1 in my binder. After a few rounds of playing, I went back to check my binder. Guess what? It was GONE! There were hardly any kids left at the moment. We searched everywhere! On the stone steps, in the grass, and even in our bookbags! Well, that's $40 down the drain. I was thinking if Toys 'R' Us has a replacement policy, but I think it was out of warranty, so I went to Toys 'R' Us to buy Sonic Advance, and have enjoyed my GBA since. I have now competed all 4 characters' quests and now i just need 6 more Emeralds.

An extremly rare and valuable Yoshi!
"Who want's to buy a gold Yoshi? Selling Price, $99,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999!" (almost 10 Googols!)

An extremly rare and valuable Yoshi!
"Who want''''s to buy a gold Yoshi? Selling Price, $99,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999!" (almost 10 Googols!)

Edited by - GoldenYoshi on 6/28/2002 9:14:46 AM
(This is GoldenYoshi)
"How much does the $1.99 Popcorn Chicken cost?" ~ Classic Stupidity.

Print