Print

Author Topic: Final Fantasy  (Read 2307 times)

« on: July 14, 2002, 04:22:33 PM »
This is a forum where you can put in your 2 bits about ANY final fantasy game known to mankind. Me? I prefer 7, if anyone doesn't like it they can go suck a lemon. anywhoo, if you want cheat codes reply if you want hints or help reply because im a master of almost all final fantasys so ho wants to argue? n e one? didn't think so... Final fantasy 8 maybe 4? 2? same difference...6? oh and another thing I don't do 9 10 and or 1.

Whatever...

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2002, 06:10:15 PM »
 Are you challenging people to debate their knowledge of the FF's with you? If thats the case my friend, you're on. As for not doing FF1, you don't know what you're missing. :)

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2002, 02:42:05 PM »
Hey, what is the best formation in the first FF?

I like to use:

Vivi (B.Mage)(Party Leader, sort of)
Joe (Fighter)(Cloud won't fit)
either Yang or Edge (B.Belt)(no Ninja class)
Eiko (W.Mage)(I feel this is most important)

50 bucks says Black Mage's favorite class is Black Mage.

And what is the best party for Memoria in FFIX?

Oops! Said too much about FFIX.

By the way, where are all of the Celedestal Tokens in FFX?

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

Edited by - MadMario on 7/21/2002 1:45:22 PM

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2002, 07:41:49 PM »
 It's not that I don't like 10 its that i just don't own a ps2 ya know....not everyone can come up with 199 bucks ne way I dont like 1 but i gave it a chance and got bored...

I like to use
 (jake) fighter
 (trey) b mage
 (tora) w mage
 (edge) of course for B belt

i have 1-6 1 on nes 2 on super 3 (rom)hehe 4-9 on playstation questions

Whatever...

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2002, 01:06:00 PM »
 ------------Possible Spoilers---------------
         (Throughout the whole post)

Well you both have good teams for FF1, however, I'd say you may want to re-think your line ups. ; )

MadMario: Black Mage, Fighter, Black Belt, White Mage. All of which are good choices. However, as cool as it is to see the Black Mage walking around on the screen, the top position isn't the best for him. :) As I'm sure you both know, the party member at the top is the one who will most likely be attacked, and as you decline, the likelyhood of them being attack decreases. In simpler terms, the person at the top gets attacked the most, and the person at the bottom gets hit the least.

My suggestion to you would be to put the Fighter at the top, for obvious reasons, then your Black Belt, then White Mage, and finally, the Black Mage. I put the White Mage above the Black because she has more HP then the Black Mage.

Griever: My suggestion to you is the same.

My party is different, as I play the game a lot. So I'll give the parties I use most often, or for fun.

1) Fighter
   Fighter
   White Mage
   Black Mage

2) Fighter
   Red Mage
   White Mage
   Black Mage

One time, I went through the game with a party of Four White Mages. At EoFF, I saw a couple of friends of mine, Dr. Unne, and Collecter were doing it, so I gave it a shot.
I eventually beat it, but boy, the Ice Cave was hell.

Anyway, you mentioned something about Memoria in FF IX. My opinion for the best party would be:

Zidane, Vivi, Garnet, and Steiner.

Zidane - Forced
Vivi - Strong Black Magic, and hell, he's a Black Mage for heavens sake.
Garnet - White Mage for healing and summoning when she gets the chance. I liked Garnets character better then Eiko, but I suppose if you didn't get powerful summons, Eiko is the better choice.
Steiner - to work with Magic sword with Vivi, until you get Climbhazzard/Shock, which own at high levels.

That is my opinion.

I own, FF1 on the NES, FF2 on the Wonderswan Color (Plus the translated NES Rom), FF3 (Translated NES Rom), FF4 on the SNES under the name FF2 (poorly translated) and on the PSX, FF5 SNES Rom before I bought the PSX version, FF6 on the SNES as FF3 and on the PSX, FF7 on the PSX, FF8 on the PSX, FF9 on the PSX. I do not own FFX or a PS2, but I have played through the game, and it wasn't much to my likeing. Of course, this is just me bragging. ^^;

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2002, 02:33:25 PM »
You explained to me why Vivi always dies in FF1.

I thought there was a point in FF9 where you can take Zidane out of your party. Memoria seemed like the most obvious point. Well, I like how you can near the end in Chrono Trigger. Crono "dies" anyway.

Oh, crap! Now I gave away part of Chrono Trigger!

Ahh, help me in FF4! I can't get past one battle in the magnetic cave without running like a little wuss! Nearly every piece of equipment I have is metalic. I just can't get used fighting with arrows as Cecil. He's a freaking Paladin for crying out loud! He shouldn't use ARROWS!

FFX is pretty cool, but why did they get rid of Ramuh? They replaced him with a stupid unicorn.

I was being stupid with my last post because you said you don't do FF1, FFIX, and FFX.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2002, 10:05:15 AM »
 Nah, Zidane is in it for the whole ride.

Yeah, Chrono Trigger you can, which is neat, but Crono was so cool, you really don't want him out anyway.

Ah, in FF4, you're at the part with the dark Elf, eh? Here's what I do. First off, I leave Cecil with his sword. He still has Legend at this point, no? Basically, only Yang and Tellah can attack. What I do is run from every battle until you make it to the dark Elf himself. And then you lose the first battle. Then you go through that scene and now you've got the real fight. Only now, you can use all of your equipment. See, this is why you want Cecil with his sword, as it's much better than arrows. Basically have Tellah use his level 3 spells, I don't recall which is most effective, so you should just try each one, have Yang attack, Cecil should attack and heal when needed, and have Cid attack. It should be too hard, if your levels are high enough.

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2002, 06:52:59 PM »
What do you mean by Vivi dies in ff1? It's just a black mage not vivi himself. Ah yes, and ff9 black mages are diffrent, for they're not human, they're manufactured things. I think. Never finished ff9. Anyway, anyone have any ff figures? I have Vivi, Zidane, Steiner and Garnet. I also have a skeleton monster thing from ff8...I have them in a ff bttle set up. it's preety neat.

It''s me KinopioToad.
KT:Since sometime in April or May of 2001.
I love me.

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2002, 05:57:19 PM »
K.O.s, I just named him Vivi cuz he's my favorite character in FF9.

Can't you switch weapons in mid-battle in FF4?

Yang can't attack in there, he's got those claws.

Thanks for the tip, but the problem is, I'm gonna lose a hell of a lota Gil!

I tried to keep everyone alive against the Fiend of Water, a difficult task, only to find out that the twins turn themselves to Stone afterwards.

My guess is that I'll get the SuperSoft later in the game, cuz when you examine them, you can make a choice on items. I wasted a Soft trying to revive them.

Hey, I can use the Study command to find out which spell works the best!

Edited by - MadMario on 8/9/2002 5:07:58 PM

Print