Print

Author Topic: What did everyone first call Bowser?  (Read 8452 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2000, 12:01:03 PM »
when i was young playing the nes i always called him koopa cuz i thought it was  his name . but when i got snes and super mario world he was called bowser. so i always thought they changed it

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2000, 05:08:47 PM »
I alwats called him Koopa. Now I know his full title is King Bowser Koopa. Heh..

also..I always thought the Goombas were like..weird looking birds.

<(=^_^=)> ~~Kirby

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2000, 09:49:13 PM »
That makes me feel better.  I thought that I was the only one who thought the goombas were something other than mushrooms

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2000, 09:48:35 AM »
Since I was 4 I called him King koopa and I still do!Thats because Koopa is really his jap.name but the reson I still call him King Koopa is because I like it better even though it's Bowser

Toad
Toad

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2000, 01:25:35 PM »
My family used to think the Koopa Troopas were ducks despite my alternate claims.
I either call him Bowser or King Koopa... I treat them both as the same being, but when I say King Koopa I usually mean the one in the cartoon, and Bowser means all other incarnations. ^_^
Oh the madness...

Fryguy - summoned from the flame
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2000, 04:17:46 PM »
Koopa Troopas are a cross between turtles and ducks.  Before any of us knew the names, me and my cousin came up with our own names for the enemies.  We called Koopa Troopas Turkey Lurkeys.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2000, 07:03:06 PM »
i called him king koopa because thats waht the show clled him, and sence I use to never read instruction manuals I didn't know tell I got SMW.

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2000, 09:22:28 AM »
Koopa Troopas have nothing to do with ducks... what with them not looking anything like ducks except through an old person's eyes on the original SMB back in the late 80's... when everyone was weird anyway...

Fryguy - summoned from the flame
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2000, 04:44:39 PM »
O.K., in "Super Mario Bros 3" the bird component looks more like a parrot, but they're clearly a turtle/bird chimera.
Mega 2

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2000, 10:10:35 PM »
When I first started playing games that featured Bowser, my attention span wasn't long enough to allow me to actually -finish- the game... that was all before in-cart save options were available.

I knew Koopa was there, though, and I called him King Koopa.  I can specifically remember playing Super Mario World and thinking, "why the heck does Koopa's castle say 'Bowser' on it?"
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2000, 10:38:20 AM »
Why are there a bunch of Bowsers in "Super Mario Bros.," "Lost Levels," "Vs. Super Mario Bros.," etc. but only 1 in later games?
Mega 2

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2000, 12:03:32 PM »
Those are just imposters. If you kill any Bowser up to 8-4 with fireballs, when they fall off the screen you'll see their true self, like a Goomba or Beetle, depending on the level. This could only be possible thanks to Bowser's "black magic" mentioned in the SMB manual...
Technically, the imposters shouldn't be considered Bowsers, since the real one is always in 8-4, but it's still safe to call them Bowser because they all have his powers and yield 5000 points when fireballed.
By the way, Super Mario 64 has three Bowser battles, but it's just the same Bowser coming back for more.

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2000, 12:07:11 PM »
Because the first 7 were fakes. If you killed them with fireballs you would see which enemy it was. Like, the first one was a goomba, then it was a Koopa Troopa.

P.S. On SMB, I thought the goomba's feet was a mustache. SMB had really bad graphics for anything that moved.

-Yoshi348
It's been about 2 months since I've posted. Pika.

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2000, 07:44:38 PM »
I know they turn into stuff like shells, Hammerheads, and roasted Goombas, but I never thought of them as having been created from those Koopas.
Mega 2

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2000, 09:33:16 AM »
I want to get this straight.His name in most of the Super Mario cartoons, it was King Koopa. What people should call him now, is Bowser because that is his real name. One of my pet peeves is whenever I watch a Mario cartoon, they call him Koopa. His name is Bowser!
Vipers Attack!

Print