Print

Author Topic: Nintendo's a survivor [over 25 years of the "Big-N"]  (Read 1954 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: July 19, 2002, 04:19:14 PM »
Can you believe that Nintendo has survived in the console maket for over 25 years! No other company has lasted that long, creating a revolutionary console with every new era of videogame technology [8-bit NES, 16-bit Super NES, 64-bit N64, 128-bit? GameCube].

I wonder what Nintendo's next project is? I bet it's going to be a virtual-reality gaming system with Internet capabilities where you can download videogames and play them online FOR FREE! Just joking.

Seriously though, Nintendo has survived the threats of almost every major videogame company [from Sega to Sony, and now Micro-dork]. And during all this time, they have somehow managed to stay atop everyone else in terms of videogame innovation!
---
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2002, 04:26:18 PM »
YOU have a good point thier!

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2002, 04:27:06 PM »
And let's not forget Nintendo's crazy pre-console past, with playing cards, robots, rice, and *** hotels.

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2002, 04:40:36 PM »
That's why Nintendo is so well respected in the videogame business. Without them, no other company would have the courage to make it big in this business.

Nintendo has brought innovation and ideas to their competitors as well.

Dozens of other companies have copied the action/platformer style of Super Mario Bros. Some have been successful, while others have not.

An example:
Crash Bandicoot was designed to be the "Mario of the PlayStation" [an official quote from the game's creator, Jason Rubin], and he's lived up to that claim.

The Ledgend of Zelda series created the RPG fanaticism we know of today [look at all the Final Fantasy's we have now]. Who else would have come up with the fantastic plot and wickedly scary bosses such as Ganon found in the Zelda series?

Pokemon would not have been such a hit if Nintendo handn't of stepped in to help endorse it so much. Now we have so many "Poke-clones" that it's difficult to tell where it all ends! Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and a few others are all trying to recapture the "Poke-mania" that swept the world just over 5 years ago.

So you see, Nintendo isn't just another videogame company out to make money; they are in this business to entertain and inspire the imaginations of gamers throughout the world!
---

Nintendo is like a religion to me, and Shigeru Miyamoto is the God of it.

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 7/19/2002 3:44:42 PM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2002, 04:41:41 PM »
*** hotels? What do you mean, frostbite?

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2002, 11:11:16 PM »
Well, a company that can last for over 100 years is a company that should be respected.
He who fills his pockets with the rocks of misdeeds shall surely sink in the River of Good Fortune!

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2002, 07:23:42 PM »
http://classicgaming.com/nindb/old.shtml

1963-1968

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

Print