Print

Author Topic: Funny Zelda thing in Nintendo Power  (Read 3765 times)

« on: July 25, 2002, 12:48:34 PM »
Here's a letter in Nintendo Power this month:

"I hate the new Legend of Zelda
for GCN because:
It's a baby easy kiddie game
It's a cartoon
It's clearly a bad game
It's not "dark"
It's different from the N64 games
It's not what I expected
I might not buy it! I don't like it
this way! Change it back!
      Many (but not all) NP readers
                     Via everything"

Humorous, no?

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2002, 01:12:32 PM »
Yeah, it's so funny when closed minded people humiliate themselves in public. Especially in magazines. Whats on the cover of the mag ? Because I got a subscription and it's not here yet. lol

It''s-a me, Mario !
It''s-a me, Mario !

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2002, 02:08:55 PM »
I admit it looks like a pretty bad game, but not because of the graphics. THEY RULE. But the actual Gameplay looks a bit like Oot, which spells disaster.

Pretty funny, eh Mikey? -Legion, Shadowman

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2002, 02:16:18 PM »
Ha Ha Ha! That is funny, I see why they put it in the magazine!!!

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2002, 04:05:38 PM »
On the cover of Nintendo Power this month is Mickey Mouse.

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2002, 06:04:21 PM »
was that written by nintendo power as a joke to prove a point? Or did an actual person write and mail that in?

If it cannot break out of it's shell, the chick will die without being born. We are the chicken. The world is our egg. Smash the world shell! For the revolution of the world!-the student council, "Utena Revolutionary Girl"
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2002, 05:08:20 PM »
Hi! I think maybe it's because people are used to Link in ocarina of time and also the graphics were supposed to be like Super Smash brothers Melee and they switch them.I also heard fans are sick of nintendo delaying games for Gamecube I mean look at Metroid for gamecube I know it looks like a doom clone but it's not coming out til Nov How are you sure you can buy a copy especially people christmas shopping they would all be sold out by the time you got there.That is'nt the only game they don't like The other one is castlevania harmony of dissonance. Fans are complaining the men look like women in the game well i agree with them they do look like women when I first saw it I thought it was about another famale vampire hunter but it wasn't.The game looks cool but the characters look tooo feminine for me I'll play it just for the graphics and gameplay thats all not for the characters. Now back to the Zelda question I think they should of made Link more rounded He looks like something out of an N64 game with more shading They should of stuck with the original idea.

King Bowser Koopa
King Bowser Koopa

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2002, 05:49:09 PM »
LOL. The original look sucked. Zelda is about adventure, fantasy, wild stories, and magic. The Cel-shading looks amazing.
And that video wasn't what I'd call the original look. It was just a tech demo showing what GCN could do, and Link and Ganondork were only in there to attract more people.

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2002, 08:58:35 PM »
I still don't think people are going to like it if there is no Ganon he's the main villian in the Zelda series thats probably the reason why majoras mask didn't sell really good.Now I think ocarina of time was cool especially the final boss Ganon one problem I had with the game was they made the sky is to dark when your fighting the last form of Ganon all you can see mostly is his eyes and thats it . You would have to turn the brightness and contrast on your TV to see him better. the only way the new Zelda game to be a hit I hope it includes Ganon also Link would be a teenager right now too. Nintendo is taking Link to far in the past i'm surprised they don't have a game of Link as a baby fighting Ganon.{I better not give them any ideas} -{Ill get those plumbers} bowser adventures of Super mario 3 cartoon

King Bowser Koopa
King Bowser Koopa

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2002, 09:24:52 PM »
Yeah, I agree. Ganon's the man!!! If he's not in it, then what good is it? It looks really cartoonish to me, anyway.

Super Saiyan Vegeta
Super Saiyan Vegeta

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2002, 09:54:49 AM »
I don't think Nintendo really cares about Ganon anymore. After all, there have been more Zelda games without Ganon so far than with him, 5 out of the 8: the three Game Boy Zeldas, Majora's Mask, and Zelda 2(well okay, it does mention him in it, but you never actually get to fight him), while the other 3 are Zeldas 1, 3, and OOT.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2002, 07:17:53 AM »
 To cashcrazed Ganon is in 2 of the gameboy games first you beat Oracle of Seasons then at the end you'll recieve a password then put Oracle of ages in and punch in the password then after you do this the last boss appears to be Ganon of you don't beleive me check out www.vgmuseum.com Also Ganon was in Links awakening too as a shadow Ganon. Please get your facts straight when posting.A Zelda game is not a Zelda game without Ganon subject closed.

King Bowser Koopa
King Bowser Koopa

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2002, 01:14:28 PM »
I thought Majora's Mask was one of the best-selling games on the N64? Maybe I'm wrong... I don't know.

What's the deal with Link's sister? When did Link ever have a sister in the other games?

I'm thinking that Link and Princess Zelda eventually got married and had 2 children, a boy and a girl. The 'Cube Zelda game would tell the story of this new Link and his quest to save his sister...

Either that or Zelda is really Link's sister...
---
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2002, 06:20:38 PM »
Well...this is what my friend Mace Windu predicted would happen if Link and Zelda married:
Saria would get angry and send an army of Deku Scrubs and Deku Babas at Hyrule.
Ruto would get extremely angry and would attack with her own army too.
Nabooru would get angry and invade with her thief army.
Din would get mad and start attacking Link.
Same for Nayru.
....I didn't say that.  I quoted.  Mace Windu said that.

LieutenantEagle
--------
Gandalf: The Eagles have come!  The Eagles have come!
LieutenantEagle: I know.  They''re in front of you.
LieutenantEagle
--------
Gandalf: The Eagles have come!  The Eagles have come!
LieutenantEagle: I know.  They''re in front of you.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2002, 09:47:48 PM »
Heh, you're funny. And I'm not being sarcastic, in case you were wondering. Anyway, I think the new Zelda will be cool. And yeah, that letter is hilarious. It seems to be a composite of a lot of unenlightened people's letters. I suppose everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but these people don't know anything about the game and they're slamming it. For one thing, graphics don't equal game goodness. The Spider-Man movie game didn't have the greatest graphics, but it had good control. Anyway, cel-shading is awesome. I think it kinda looks like the original LOZ, which is good in my book. It seems to me like the latest 3D games in the series are a departure, and this new one is returning to the series' roots. And besides, Miyamoto wants to make interactive cartoons. Let the man do what he wants. He's the greatest game dude in the business.
Anyway, I say "anyway" too much. :-P

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

Print